Markis Kido/Markus Gideon Fernaldi

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by markuswair, Oct 27, 2013.

1. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    It's just their fifth tournament and Markis/Markus ends the France SS with a whimsical win in the final over Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong. On their journey, they indeed beaten All England Champion Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan and Hirokatsu/Noriyatsu. Commencing the tourney from the qualification, they proved that Indonesia could have another monster MD after Moh Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan.

For Markis Kido, he indeed proved that he is still a prodigy, even after separating with Hendra Setiawan after playing with him since the junior years. For Markus it's an even pivotal proof given he was "ousted" from the National Training camp due to conflict with the coach. It's a crystal clear proof that the NT's decision is dead wrong.

Let's see how they fare in the upcoming tourneys? Can they be another Indonesia's monster MD pair along with Ahsan/Hendra with their typical Indonesia's MD pattern? :)

#1 markuswair, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. sen

sen Regular Member

I like Markus determination despite his lacking of many things. One thing Markus lack is the strong smashes. I also think Kidho sometimes has good strategy to win. Not just in MD but in XD

But I don't think this pair can be another monster pair. I doubt they can be better than Kidho/Alvent achievement in the past in terms of consistency.

One thing about this pairing is that they are hard working pair because they are outside pelatnas, they have to earn on their own.

3. naistav

naistav Regular Member

I think Markis/Markus can be better than Markis/Alvent because Markus gave the speed that Alvent no longer have, but may be not as good as Ahsan/Hendra.
    Markus is always a hard working player, while Markis Kido is very yoyo. On Kido's good day, they can be nightmare for any top MDs, but on another side of Kido, can be as low as R1 losing.
    But it's good for INA to have another strong MD.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I do agree with the above comments. Markus has always been known as a hardworking player, although he lacks power in his smashes. I believe they have the ability to rise to the top 15 at least (which was Kido/Alvent's achievement in less than a year). At least Markus can brag about winning a SS title already by now. This is something that the other Pelatnas pair (besides Hendra/Ahsan) still cannot achieve.

5. markuswair

Student
    Yeah, yet I think Markus has a deadly smash. In fact both of them are originally the smasher when playing with their original partner, Hendra Setiawan and Agripina. Hendra/Ahsan is supposed to be more monstrous given Hendra is an original playmaker and Ahsan is an original smasher. That being said, Markus has improved his aggressiveness on the front court and Kido's unexpected cut on the front is as good as ever (if he's on the right mood to play. When playing against mediocre pair his mood could swing unexpectedly).

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...I seem to notice Kido's "unexpected cut" which could surprise even the top pair like Liu/Qiu.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Which racket is Fernaldi using, MX 90?

8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Well, that's Kido. He can be moving all over the court, smashing here and there, throw delightful deceptive dropshot, intercept at the front on his day. But sometime his shots failed everywhere and lazy to move.
    Hopefully highly spirit Markus can make Kido's good side appear more often and he can learn few things from Kido as well.

9. byakuugan

byakuugan Regular Member

They definitely have improved since they first started pairing. One thing I notice the most is that they have been communicating more, especially after getting points between rally. When they first started, they look like each man on each own.

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Please note that PBSI never ousted Markus from pelatnas..he chose to leave pelatnas...

11. markuswair

Student
    Exactly, which is why I put it on a bracket, "ousted". As far as we know, a conflict transpired between him and his former coach due to him being alienated from the full training program by the coach given he complained to rexy and gita about not being sent to AE while his counterparts with lower ranking are sent (another info said that herry said that he's not talented). Well, to put it in positive light, from the fans standpoint it seems to be a mere miniscule miscommunication problem between the two. Hopefully he and Kido would rejoin the NT next year and help Indonesia lift the Thomas Cup.

#11 markuswair, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    there is always 2 sides of stories....All I know that Gideon was reluctant to spar with team mates especially those are going to tournaments..he always had excuses, not to do it..thats why he was ordered to hit the wall...hitting the wall is not new..even Hendra, ahsan got to do it...the players have no right to tell coaches what tournaments they wanna go.....he complained that Ricky/Ulin for AE but did he complain about Ahsan/Hendra whose their ranking at that time was much lower than Agri/Gideon but also going for AE....if players start telling coaches where to go..it will be chaos....

#12 huangkwokhau, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i wonder in the top level, hitting ythe wall is consider a form of training or punishment?

14. markuswair

Student
    Yeah, that's the story from the coach's standpoint...As Indonesia's badminton fans, we are eagerly hopeful that both parties could be mediated & reconcile in no time, given as ubiquitous in any conflict, we believe each of their version have a certain degree of truth...We need both Gideon's skills on-court and Herry IP's coaching skills off-court

#14 markuswair, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    For Ahsan..it was form of training as he had a waist problem..for Hendra ..he is practicing his defense....depends how you look at it...some get punishments..

16. sen

sen Regular Member

It is hard to achieve "perfect" situation.

I think you can not undo the past. Just wish everyone will be able to do their best, achieving what they want.

I don't think Pelatnas should be for everyone. And I am glad that nowadays, being professional players outside Pelatnas can be quite well supported by sponsors too. Of course, being in Pelatnas now is also good compared to last time when almost everyone who have achieved good result prefer to be outside Pelatnas

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    How does hitting the wall help waist problem ?

And also for practice defence, isn't it better to have someone smashing at you, especially at top level ?

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Hitting the wall will improve your reflexes significantly. if you have not done it, try it and see how you perform for flat exchanges shot and defensive shot. Having someone smashing at you are also another defense training, however for reflexes hitting the wall is in my opinion should not be neglected. Within split second you have got a ball coming and by hitting it harder it will bounce back faster, you have got your reflexes trained.

When hitting the wall, you are in defensive position most of the time, therefore it will improve your stand and posture when defending, certain shots could not be taken unless you are on the right defensive stand and posture. It would be too pity losing points for a shot which could be taken provided you have the correct stand.

CMIIW.

19. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Can somebody give a brief introduction and bio data of this guy Markus Gideon Fernaldi?
    [h=1]
    [/h]

20. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    born in 1991. he is son of famous tangkas coach, one of the most successful coach in Indonesia, Kurniahu.

He was a member of INA AJC team 2009 (if not mistaken). played single.
    he played single until 2010 and then play double paired with Wahyu Nayaka (now paired with Ade Yusuf). In Pelatnas (National Training Camp), He was quite diligent. I heard that he woke up very early, and having a morning additional training at 06:00 with Christian Hadinata.

Since junior, he was nothing special actually. only hardworking player.

about Kurniahu :
    Coach Kurniahu (Indonesian national champion) has one of the longest and most successful badminton coaching careers in history with over 30 years of experience. He has been coaching at Tangkas Badminton Club in Jakarta since 1987 and he is the scout talent for Indonesian team.

Some of his successful students include Rexy Mainaky (Olympic Gold medalist), Nova Widianto (World Champion, Olympic Silver medalist), Tony Gunawan (World Champion, Olympic Gold medalist) and others. Many top players, especially junior national champions from other countries, have travelled to train with Kurniahu in Indonesia.

His son, Marcus Fernaldi Gideon, is a strong single international junior player who is currently on the Indonesian national team. He won last year’s USBDF Junior Tournament in men’s singles and doubles. Both Coach Kurniahu and Marcus speak English. And now they will be bringing their world class coaching and tournament expertise to Royal Badminton!

http://www.royalbadminton.com/worldchampcamp/kurniahu/