User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we need another thread - as to how various countries and cultures treat cheering. I realize most of my preconceived notions are based on British definition "proper behaviour". Perhaps, these need to be reexamined.

I love watching Davis Cup (Tennis) matches from South America - they are hilarious with the antics from the crowd and players. Italy is also right up there.

Personally, I keep my emotions to myself - I think it's harder to read a person. I like playing juniors, you can read them like a book - cagey vetrans - so hard to know what they're thinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend not to show off either my obvious joy or my frustration and focus on the opponent, but sometimes i can't contain it and just turn around and do what i have to do!
    i need to try to not get irked by the opponent's antics but when stupid fans cheer for him and gang up against me and try to 'seldge' me personally, i tend to get too aggressive and expressive myself. need to let my game do the talking!

casein point: there's a couple tough opponents i face in the local circuit for the tournies here (mostly friendlies!) often, and this one particular guy is a very athletic, naturally gifted 14year old who's being properly coached by reputed coaches and medlaists at the senior-circuit in their age group (md40/45 i think) and it's us meeting in the finals usually, and obviously i can't recover fast, run around easily or unleash a storm of accurate shots all around the net as he can so i'm at the edge most of the time. he's gentle and we both can handle each other and stay cool, he more than i of course, but it's his 7 stupid cousins who i usually get to beat in previous rounds that cheer for him, more to mock me than to support him , that i tend to get ticked off by. one of my resolutions is to not give in to that this year.
    breeeeatheeee iiiiinnnn, breeeeatheeeee ooooutuuutttt.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    juniors, you can read them like a book - cagey vetrans - so hard to know what they're thinking.
    lol, so so true @catman . those old timers sure know how to pull the nastiest tricks in the coolest way, letting you make yourself a fool out there in front of everyone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol...let me understand this a crowd cheering against you mostly made up of family members of your opponent - most of whom you've just defeated....lol....can you get a more biased crowd than that?
    I guess it's a great setting for training your mind - to block out that distraction and staying focused.
    Concentrating on your breathing is a good idea - but I must confess - if I faced that not sure how I will deal with it. Good luck

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    i tend not to show off either my obvious joy or my frustration and focus on the opponent, but sometimes i can't contain it and just turn around and do what i have to do!
    i need to try to not get irked by the opponent's antics but when stupid fans cheer for him and gang up against me and try to 'seldge' me personally, i tend to get too aggressive and expressive myself. need to let my game do the talking!

casein point: there's a couple tough opponents i face in the local circuit for the tournies here (mostly friendlies!) often, and this one particular guy is a very athletic, naturally gifted 14year old who's being properly coached by reputed coaches and medlaists at the senior-circuit in their age group (md40/45 i think) and it's us meeting in the finals usually, and obviously i can't recover fast, run around easily or unleash a storm of accurate shots all around the net as he can so i'm at the edge most of the time. he's gentle and we both can handle each other and stay cool, he more than i of course, but it's his 7 stupid cousins who i usually get to beat in previous rounds that cheer for him, more to mock me than to support him , that i tend to get ticked off by. one of my resolutions is to not give in to that this year.
    breeeeatheeee iiiiinnnn, breeeeatheeeee ooooutuuutttt.

lol, so so true @catman . those old timers sure know how to pull the nastiest tricks in the coolest way, letting you make yourself a fool out there in front of everyone

7 stupid cousins! hahahaha, as soon as i read that i couldn't stop laughing. it's pathetic of them to do that since you've mopped the floor with all of them. but you do face a very tough mental situation here and only mental giants would be able to come thru without having spectators like that affect your performance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2