Voltric 7

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dominikk1985, Oct 28, 2013.

1. dominikk1985

dominikk1985 Regular Member

clinical science
    I have seen a good deal on a voltric 7. I currently have a very cheap racket (like walmart style) and want to upgrade a little. I'm a beginner, but very strong (I play baseball and played tennis weigh about 200 pounds although I want to lose 15 pounds or so). I can already smah relatively hard for a beginner (because it is a similar motion to the tennis smash) but my footwork and reflexes against fast shots at the net are still lacking. would the voltric 7 be a good racket. I can get it for about 70 euros with a new string (so no factory string and I can chose string and tension). is that a good racket and price?

2. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

The Voltric 7 is a good all rounder racket being rated medium stiff flex it sounds like it could suit your build and swing. However, the 'right' racket is a subjective thing and you will just have to try some other ones out to see which types work best for you.

The price seems reasonable and if you are a not sure what tension to get it strung at start around 21/22lbs.

You could try the "Racket Selector" on the Direct Sports website to give you a broader list of suitable rackets.

A new racket unfortunately is no help for improving technique and footwork ;)