Victor Light Fighter 7300 vs Karakal BN 60

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kingchimathew, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kingchimathew

kingchimathew Regular Member

I'm looking for a light racket and came across those two rackets. And was wondering if anyone can give me advice on which one to get.

Thanks in advance! :D

2. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    Firstly, what is your play style & weaknesses? Those are the factors that help you in choosing the right racket for yourself. Me myself use a Karakal BN60, my play style is usually mid-court play using my wrist to direct the shuttlecock to the 4 corners of my opponent's court. I'm a tactical player who doesn't depend on power and only uses it to make the shuttle arrive at my target od the other court as fast a possible. I always play net when doing doubles and this BN60's reaction times really aid. Both these rackets are great for net with the BN60 a little faster during reaction times. However the only other 1 difference is that the BN60 is made the slightest bit head heavy for power while the Light Fighter 7300 is a little more tipped off at the head. This means Karakal uses swing speed for power and Victor using head heavy for momentum for power. If you want more power ad maintain the lightness, go for Victor Light Fighter 7400. If you want something like these rackets but with a more even balanced frame and a stiff flex from the frame then go for Arcsaber FB.

3. LoneRanger

Student
    To Sum Up My Sentiments In A Nutshell:

Karakal BN60: If your playing style is like those of a doubles net-player and only drive the shuttlecock to the 4 corners of your opponent's court and only use it to make ot reach your target as fast as possible.

Victor Light Fighter 7300: If your playing style is like those of a doubles net-player and only drive the shuttlecock to the 4 corners of your opponent's court and would still like to use the power to do a quick crosscourt and/or smash.

Victor Light Fighter 7400: If you playing style is like of a singles player who depends mostly on a strong defense and quick reaction times but would still like to use the power for fast crosscourts and/or smashes.

Yonex Arcsaber FB: If your playing style is like those of a singles player who changes his/her playing style in an instant from defense to attack or attack to defense making that little sacrifice of each just to have both.

4. LoneRanger

Student
    Specifications:

Karakal BN60:
    Power- 7
    Control- 10
    Flex- Stiff
    Good Points- Due to its lightweight frame its control and reaction is the best of the best. Its uses it featherweight feel to develop the fastest swing to gain power. There definetelly has momentum in its swing and it builds up really quickly in case your opponent is presurizing you and only leaving you with the last second to build up power.
    Bad Points- Since its really lightweight, all the power comes from your arm and since its swimg speed is incredible, stopping your swing is a problem and may hurt some shoulders but will not unless you push yourself to the very limit in every of your shots.

Victor Light Fighter 7300:
    Power- 9
    Control- 7
    Flex- Medium
    Good Points- With just 17G heavier than the BN60, its decreases the pain generated in your shoulder when swinging. And instead of generating the power entirely from your arm, its slightly more head heavy feature than the BN60 gives a little more power.
    Bad Points- Due to it being slightly more head heavy, the time it takes to generate power in harsh and tense times when your opponent pressurizes you untill you have the last second to react is longer.

Victor Light Fighter 7400:
    Power- 10
    Control- 6
    Flex- Flexible
    Good Points- Its lightweight and head heavy feature enables it to have a very fast swing with both momentum and energy in its swing developing the most power out of the bunch. And its flexible shaft make it easier to generate power for people with weak swing speeds and helps quicken the reaction times.
    Bad Points- It has the same problem as the Victor Light Fighter as mentioned above but a little more difficult to avoid.

Yonex ArcSaber FB:
    Power- 6
    Control- 8
    Flex- Stiff
    Good Points- Its even balanced frame just like the Yonex ArcSaber 8DX helps it excel on both attack and defense. Reaction times are faster than Victor Light Fighter 7400 and takes out less stress from your arm. Attack is better than the BN60 having its balance point in between our comparisons.
    Bad Points: Its has less power and worss reaction times then each of its competitors which is why it is for players who switch their playing style in an instant. YONEX RACKETS ARE OVERPRICED

Yonex Nanospeed 9900:
    Power- 8
    Control- 9
    Flex- Stiff
    Good Points- It has the same weight as in the ArcSaver FB but more weight in the handle, this increase swing speeds and decrease stress in the arm. Its headlight feature makes it easy to move around with.
    Bad Points: It just loses out to the BN60 and LF7300 as its heavy handle compromises its reaction by that little. And its headlight feature is weakened by shots that take to the last second where the shuttle comes near to you and you have little space to swing. YONEX IS OVERPRICED

This comparison and points given are compared to each other and not other rackets.

5. LoneRanger

Student
    If you're all net and tactics = BN60
    If you're mostly net and tactic and like the power = 7300
    If you're all power but don't want to compromise on control = 7400
    If you're half on Power and half on Control and want that balanced feel = AS FB
    If you're Half on Power and half on control and want that headlight feel = NS9900

I prefer NS9900 over AS FB. But prefer BN60 over all.

6. LoneRanger

Student
    If u dont wan to read everything and save time then just read the one where i said 'Specification' as it the most excact info

7. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Nice share LoneRanger,

Would you please explain the type of string used, also the tension and knots applied, for each racket.

:D

8. LoneRanger

Student
    Do you mean to tell you the differences of the the string and stringing method of each racket?

9. resthuishi

resthuishi New Member

yes,This means Karakal uses swing speed for power and Victor using head heavy for momentum for power. If you want more power ad maintain the lightness, go for Victor Light Fighter 7400. If you want something like these rackets but with a more even balanced frame and a stiff flex from the frame then go for Arcsaber FB.[​IMG]

10. clawhammers

Yes, that what I meant. the String type, tension (? Lbs) and stringing (2 knots / 4 knots)

11. LoneRanger

Student
    Umm..... That I'm not sure. I always get the frame unstrung unless I immidiately cut the strings off. But I always string it at the recommended string tension given by the manufacterer via the 4 knots method. My BN60 has a tension of 28Lbs. But a little advice is that people who usually use these type of rackets do netplay, tactical, counter-attacking or deceptive playstyle. So the higher the repulsion should help. And since the thinner the strings, the more repulsion it has, I go with Zymax 62 (0.62mm). Li Ning AP62+ and Gosen strings are also 0.62mm but I feel like I have more control with Z62

Higher Tension = More Repulsion
    Thinner Gauge = More Repulsion
    4 Knots Method = Maintain Tension Better = More Repulsion
    Pre-Streching = Less Strech After Stringing = More Repulsion

I follow these rules to get the most repulsion for my rackets.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Higher tension does not translate to more repulsion. With higher tension, u'd get more control. To get more repulsion, the tension has to b lower.

Whereas for thin string, there is an optimal tension (depending on the brand) where it achieves its max repulsion. Any tighter than this, it will just feel dead.

13. LoneRanger

Student
    But with a lower tension, the strings have more elasticity thus the shuttlecock lays in the string bed for a longer period of time meaning it has less repulsion and more power. This also explains why thinner gauge strings have more repulsion than thicker gauge strings. Thicker gauge strings are made up of more particles and atom as compared to thinner gauge strings enabling it to strech more therefore being more elastic and generating more power but less repulsion. Thinner gauge strings on the other hand have less particles and atoms which leads to being less elastic thus instead of acting like a catapult or trampoline and holding the shuttlecock in the string bed for a longer period of time to generate more power like a thicker gauge string does, the string bed just deflects the shuttlecock off in the opposite direction.

Yes, a tension to high will make the string bed feel rock hard and have no repulsion and power whatsoever, but 28Lbs is the maximum tension I would go for a pre-streched Ashaway Zymax 62 as pre-streching does mimimise its limit of streching and at 28Lbs it still does have enough power for a good rally. I've tried Zymax 62 at 40Lbs before (needed 2 tries because it snapped the first), and it is dead, like completely useless. Ashaway Zymax 70 will feel like Zymax 62 at that tension because its been streched till its loss its width thus feeling like a thin gauge string.

14. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Man oh man, u just made my nite...LOL

15. clawhammers

LoneRanger

Thank you for sharing, and I do appreciate your time and effort for that.

Though, I agree with TeddyC opinion above, there is certain optimization which are subject to the type of string (brand), stringing method, and user's capability and subjective consideration, in relation to utilization of a racket. All of which are subject to the personal consideration of each person.

Cheers :)

16. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Btw, in badmtn-string terms, repulsion also means power...

17. LoneRanger

Student
    Nope.

Repulsion = How fast the shuttlecock deflects off the string bed in a repel like manner

Power - How long the shuttlecock lays in the string bed with elasticity repels it much faster.

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    There is truth that finding the optimum tension and string type for your racket and where your game is at a point is time will help although it can be an expensive process and time-consuming.

Both Karakal and Victor rackets are well made and will do a job if you are sure this is what you want. Over the many years that i have tested rackets I have found one enlightening fact. Whilst lighter rackets will help you swing faster it does not necessarily mean you will continue to get the same power from the racket.

Initially when you use a very light racket, you are "conning" your muscles which react in a certain way by working faster. As time progresses, unless you use heavier rackets, your muscles will learn and get used to the lighter weight and slow down to perform at your body's natural swing speed. Then you lose some of the extra power you had previously and return to your normal swing speed but with a lighter frame may result in a weaker smash.

If you are struggling to find a racket to suit your game then I suggest you read my article on choosing a racket as it makes you ask many questions before you settle on a certain racket.

If you find you have gone too light, the good news is that you can always use lead tape or Victor Powerizer to customise the head weight in your racket. It's a lot cheaper to do this than buy another racket.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

19. LoneRanger

Student
    A very good point made there indeed [MENTION=52774]paulstewart64[/MENTION]. That us sure the best way to find which matches you best though its money and time consuming. Thanks for the info about 'Victor Powerizer'. Never heard of it before but will try to find out more about it.

20. luckyboyl

luckyboyl Regular Member

Hi, I use the LF7400 and BN60. Both very good rackets. The LF7400 is geared more towards single players, clears are stronger, enough accurate, kinda more flexible. Head is heavier, good feel for the play, can pack a punch, but more by a wrist flick rather than with your arm.... The BN60 is even faster than the LF7400, sometimes so fast you need to adjust to it, otherwise your racket will slice through the air even before the shuttle arrives.....needs a bit more effor for clears. Very accurate, more towards pair players in doubles. Also i would say its more demanding than LF7400. For the BN60, your technique must be better and your arm will probably be stressed more. LF does not give me any arm pain, the BN60 gives some arm pain as you try to compensate the weight and put more effor to your hits.