User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default what is the best headlight(defensive) racket?

    I am currently using a nanoray 300 which is headlight and the nanoray series are really good but I find them quite expensive compared to other brands. Yonex is a really good brand but as it is wellknown its quite expensive. I am trying to change my racket........I prefer headlight rackets or rackets that have a fast swing. I find it better to boost up my reflexes than having a heavier shot with a heavy swing. I have heard that the victor bravesword series has a fast swing due to its headframe's shape..........could anyone recommend a headlight racket that has a fast swing?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh and it'll be better if it gives better control...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Buy the most headlight racket you can afford. If you swing faster, the racket will give you a faster swing. If you control the racket better, the racket will give you better control.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are correct with Bravesword , BS12 is your best bet . If you like stiff then BS10 . For the high end stuff , BS15 and BS LYD . Every headlight racket swings fast . Quality comes with a price . Tell us more of you , and your budget .

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well...the BS12 isnt really headlight but has a really fast swing....I'm a student....I played badminton in korea for about 2years....but...the bravesword 12 is quite expensive for a student like me...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wait....why did it post twice.....how do i erase it???????...I'm new here....

  7. #7
    Regular Member madcarrot2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ti10 3rd gen is cheaper, i think can still be found in china.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wait...im getting confused.......some people say the TI10 is headheavy and somepeople say its even balance and some people say its headlight...............which one is it??????? To me it looks a little like an offensive headheavy racket.......do you know what balance it has??

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What level are you playing at?
    If you are a student and play casually or at local tournaments, then you don't necessarily have to spend over $200US to have a good head-light racket.

    Tonight, my expensive Yonex got destroyed in a clash. From my bag I pulled out a Babolat N-Force Light ($60 on sale at a local shop). Fast fast fast! And with its good string job, the control was excellent. My doubles and mixed game improved greatly with the change.

    So when money is an issue, it is worth not putting yourself into poverty looking for the latest and greatest that the pros use. Go to a local store and see what is available of reasonable quality. There are lots of gems to be found.

  10. #10
    Regular Member madcarrot2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangenetic View Post
    wait...im getting confused.......some people say the TI10 is headheavy and somepeople say its even balance and some people say its headlight...............which one is it??????? To me it looks a little like an offensive headheavy racket.......do you know what balance it has??
    ti10 1st and 2nd gen are head heavy, 3rd gen is headlight, mine is around 280mm bp. There is ti10 limited which is headlight but i think it costs over 200usd.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    What level are you playing at?
    If you are a student and play casually or at local tournaments, then you don't necessarily have to spend over $200US to have a good head-light racket.

    Tonight, my expensive Yonex got destroyed in a clash. From my bag I pulled out a Babolat N-Force Light ($60 on sale at a local shop). Fast fast fast! And with its good string job, the control was excellent. My doubles and mixed game improved greatly with the change.

    So when money is an issue, it is worth not putting yourself into poverty looking for the latest and greatest that the pros use. Go to a local store and see what is available of reasonable quality. There are lots of gems to be found.
    T
    Too bad for your racket well.....I'm korean and a lot of korean students start badminton when they are young...I didn't get to join the team because my parents didn't approve and I had to study....but I had friends on the team and learned from them.....I think my skills are quite the same with them...but I didn't have any training drills..so im not as good..............so I dont really have tournament experience...the korean parents are really sharp about studing so they all want big nice good paid jobs...and dont give the kids a choice about what they want to be.....in my situation my parents want me to go to a global highschool(just helps for good colleges) and become a professor...............I really dont like that and i have arguments with them everyday.........well.........as you can see...I really want to be a professional player or atleast a coach....im 14 now and ive been hanging out with those friends for about2years and i think if i get training....i will be able to make it. I know that they dont earn much.....unless you're like top 100ranking and stuff like that...but i really wanna do what i enjoy..............this reply was really long....im sorry about that...could you give me some advice on what I should do???oh and the racket doesnt matter anymore......why have a good racket if you dont need one?well...mines kinda old but whocareshaha

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where else?
    Posts
    2,146
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a common issue among Asian parents, so not just Korean parents in particular. From China to India to many countries in Southeast Asia, all parents hope that their children have respectable careers.

    My personal suggestion to you is to concentrate on your studies right now. You're 14 and at that age, a proper education is very important (regardless of what you do later in your life). Still play badminton (or other sports) whenever you can but remember that your main priority at that stage in life is to do the best you can in school. Note that I did not say do well, but do the best you can.

    One way you can persuade your parents is to score well and perhaps they may let you join badminton training.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangenetic View Post
    ......why have a good racket if you dont need one? ....
    I didn't say you shouldn't have a good racket. But note that your thread title said "What is the BEST" but in your first post you pointed out that you didn't have a lot of money to spend.

    So the point in my post was that you can have a good racket without it being the latest, most hyped racket (and most expensive) in this forum.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you have stuff like "School Varsity" ? Why not join ? llpjlau is correct , focus on studies now and get high grades . After that , they may "loosen" you a little . If you love your racket now , stick with it .

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    I didn't say you shouldn't have a good racket. But note that your thread title said "What is the BEST" but in your first post you pointed out that you didn't have a lot of money to spend.

    So the point in my post was that you can have a good racket without it being the latest, most hyped racket (and most expensive) in this forum.
    well...in my case "best" ment the most affordable and good racket there is.....but i guess i'll just stick with mine for now..

  16. #16
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madcarrot2007 View Post
    ti10 1st and 2nd gen are head heavy, 3rd gen is headlight, mine is around 280mm bp. There is ti10 limited which is headlight but i think it costs over 200usd.
    i respectfully disgree with the 3rd gen since mine swings like an even balance racket to a head heavy racket.

  17. #17
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    study hard, get a good job, buy all the "best" rackets you want!!!

    by the way, this is just my personal opinion, but i think if you want to be a pro, you should have started training at the age of 4-5, not 14. i'm not saying it's too late, but your options are limited.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •