Replacement for Ashaway Platinum Yellow

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alien9113, Oct 28, 2013.

1. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Hi,

My racket is cracking and my stringer says it won't last more than a few more games.

I would like to look for a similar racket to replace it. I can't find details about this racket online and have tried a few other rackets, but none came close to feeling as good as the Platinum Yellow.

I don't think I can find the Platinum Yellow anymore... I have went to a number of badminton stores around Singapore to look for it but to no avail.

Appreciate the recommendations, thanks. :)

2. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Hi,

Are there any kind souls who could help?

Thanks a lot.

3. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

The racket had broken after I posted. :(

I have forgotten to add that I play mixed doubles mainly, and occasionally, singles. My style is very defensive (according to trained players and coach). I would rate myself a beginner.

In the meantime, I have tried Yonex Arcsaber FB (both the 5u and F versions), Apacs Lethal 66, Yonex Arcsaber 10, Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed (somehow I am very prone to miscue when using this racket) and Yonex Voltric 80.

Some were easier to use for clearing (Arcsaber FB 5u, Lethal 66, Arcsaber 10, Voltric 80), some were easier for defending and returning smashes (Arcsaber 5u F), some were great for drives, smashes and net kills (Arcsaber 10, Arcsaber FB 5u, Voltric 80) and some were wonderful for net shots and drops (Arcsaber FB 5u and F, Lethal 66, Arcsaber 10). But none are close to as being well-rounded as the Ashaway Platinum Yellow which I was used to using.

I am still trying out various rackets and hopefully there will be some kind souls who are able to recommend a racket close to Ashaway Platinum Yellow.

Thanks.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Can you get other Ashaway rackets? If so maybe try some of the newer rackets such as the hex 7 superlight or t5sq superlight, they would be similar weight and specification.

5. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I am afraid not. I couldn't find shops that sell them. The most common racket brands in Singapore are Yonex, Li-Ning and Victor. Some smaller shops carry brands such Fleet and Flypower, but as they do not have demo sets, it's not possible to try without buying them.