LI NING WOODS N80 VS N90 III - Any Comments?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DarezDeviL, Oct 30, 2013.

1. DarezDeviL

DarezDeviL Regular Member

Anyone have the comparison about these 2 rackets?

2. DarezDeviL

FYI to all members, i'm currently using N80 & it's broken :crying:...So i'm looking for a new racket. So just wanna know some feedbacks. Had a spare racket which was Victor Bravesword 9, not a stable racket though, so using as spare now..

3. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Well as I understand it both are mid-stiff so you probably won't go wrong with either one, since N80 was your go-to getting it again wouldn't be a bad option, but the N90-III will probably give better smashes since it's head heavy. My only issue then would be why spend so much money on it when you can get a similar spec racket for nearly $100 less i.e. Victor Thruster K 6000. Online retailers are selling the N90-III for ~$250 and the TK6000 for ~$152; I wouldn't even think twice and get the TK6000.

If there is a large price difference between the N80 and N90 iii, say $20+, I wouldn't bother getting the N90.

4. swunk

swunk Regular Member

well the BP of n80 is said to be 295mm so the closest one from the new n-series would be n50-iii
    n90-iii is indeed very pricey and i definitely don't feel it play for the price ) go for tk8000 instead, if you want to try something more head heavy without going too extreme.
    mx-jjs has a similar bp to n80 - 297mm but it's pretty stiff.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    n80 is an awesome racket, and i'm sorry to hear that it is broken. it is the lightest of the head heavy rackets i own from Li Ning, i would recommend you getting it again since you've been using it as the main racket, and i'm assuming there's nothing wrong with it just that it's broken :(

6. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Both are sweet racquets! I like the shiny colour of the N80. Both come with 3D Breakfree Technology which is designed to increase swing speed. The N90III is a head heavier balance giving it a more "heavier" feel. Both are the N-series racquets which means they are made of military grade carbon graphite which allows them to handle higher tensions as well as a great feel when playing. :)

I believe the N90III is newer so if you like something that's latest and greatest, then go with the N90III! :D

7. emidyl

emidyl Regular Member

I'm playing with the 90iii atm. I find it's head heavier, not necessarily too heavy. Still a very good doubles racquet. And here's to hoping the mil spec lives up to it's name as occasionally my playing partner likes to take a good chunk out of it. LOL, nothing some top coat can't fix

8. DarezDeviL

Thanks everyone.. N80 less head heavier than N90 III?? I tried the racket by holding it without string, almost the same but seems N80 heavier.. Am i wrong? Pricing wise almost the same..Just diff around 30-50..

9. DarezDeviL

By the way, what is BP & all those 295/297mm? Sorry still new in badminton knowledge as just played around 1.5 yrs..

10. swunk

swunk Regular Member

balance point from the tip of the handle

11. DarezDeviL

Anyone anymore comments on these 2 rackets? Need Advice. Thanks

12. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Compare this 2 to arcsaber 10??

13. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Currently testing some 3rd gen Li Nings. The N90-III feels heavier overall and is more head heavier. On the other hand, the N80 is stiffer compared to the N90-III. I own the N90 ad N90-II. Where the N90 is heavy overall, and the N90-II is one of the stiffest rackets, the N90-III seems to adapt the most worst specs from it's former rackets, being less stiff and head heavy. The 3D-break system does help on being faster in manouvres. The N80 is more an even balanced racket with an aerodynamic frame and stiff shaft. Racket specs like this can be found in the Victor Meteor X80. From the N50 III, N55 III, N80 and N90 III, the N50-III felt the most head heavy. Which racket suits you depend on your requirements.