Questions about stringing machine?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by OscarL, Oct 31, 2013.

1. OscarL

OscarL Regular Member

Student
    Got sent the wrong machine???

Hey all, I just received my stringing machine Victor C7027 yesterday, and was appalled at what I got. Looking on google and the Victor website, this machine was not the C7027, but rather the C7023 (or something like that). I sent it to my coach and he confirmed that this is not the machine I have ordered. Because we bought it from the Victor Canadian representative, I immediately talked to him about this. To my amazement, he claimed that this is the C7027 with a different paint job. It's obvious by looking at the clamps and supports that these two are completely different machines. He urged me to buy it saying that he'll lower the price to $1200, but the machine I got sent is only around $800 (looking on google)! Could you guys confirm that this is indeed the C7027? If not, I will send it back immediately.

(The photo with the white background is the picture from BBEsports, the rest of them are what I received)
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#1 OscarL, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. tcliang

tcliang Regular Member

University Professor
  3. mkm_player

mkm_player Regular Member

It is definitely the wrong machine and if the Victor Rep says otherwise, he is trying to cheat you.
    If you have email proof of your conversation with him, forward it to the corporate head office and give them crap for it.
    Making an honest mistake is one thing, trying to outright lie to cover up instead of fixing the error is something else.
    This is the kind of service you would expect if you bought it from a seller like Eagnas/Maxline - but not a reputed company like Victor.

Good luck on your resolution.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I would contact the distributor immediately. If you don't get the right machine in 2 weeks I would cancel the buy and buy a machine from an other brand. A rep should know every detail of every product. Did you noticed this too late and this is the reason why you assemple it?

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Who did you talk to ? That machine is not the right one and the C-7027 is much better. Than that. I wouldn't approach the C-7023 with a 10 foot pole.

6. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Send it back....what you have there is a POS....:mad:

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Definitely not the C-7027. It's quite clear from the user guide. The C-7027 has swivel clamps. I would sent it back to Victor Canada and asked for the right model or get a refund. I assumed that you are dealing with Calvin? That's typical of him trying to cover up (as he rather not incur additional expenses) instead of trying to fix the problem and provide better customer service.

8. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    the C7027 is way better advance machine, a pair of clamps and bases cost over $500, there're new technology to make the job faster,
    1. clamp down 6 and 12 o'clock position with lock down key
    2. adjust 2 side supports with single knob, on each side of the post.
    3. base and clamps are amazing , will save you alot of time.
    C7027 is one of my dream machine, you should get it the C7027 and return the one he sent. did you buy it used? shown some wear on the stand.