Nanoray 750 vs Bravesword 12 ( Comparison )

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by yeahehehehe, Nov 1, 2013.

1. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

So i just sold my nanoray z speed for $160 because of poor defense , uncomfort , etc .
    You may find it ridiculous but i wanted to get another racket , and again a headlight .

I saw reviews on the BS12 and they gave it an excellent rating , medium flex , manueravable , good power .

I havent saw much on the 750 but they also gave it an excellent rating . Stiff , excelent clears , fast , manueravable .

I want your thoughts on this guys , i know most of you will go for the BS12 . But i want to know if 750 can match him .

Im 5'6 mostly singles .
    I play smart offense , tiring the opponent by moving the shuttle to sides and mostly net drops then finishing them with a forecourt smash or a drive.

Here are my current thoughts on these two , i need some more info to find what really is the better racket.

Looks
    750>>BS12 IMO

Clears
    750>>BS12

Manueverablity
    750>>BS12

Smash
    750<<BS12

Net Area
    750<<BS12 (They say its hard to play in the net with the 750 at first , but plays better after sometime)

Drops
    750<<BS12

Price
    750<<BS12
    Feel free to correct me if im wrong

If i ever get the 750 , ill get it at 3U . For B12 , im still debating if 4U or 3U because they said it can generate good power even at 4U.

PS: Is BS12 same with BS12L?

THX :D

2. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    Never played BS12, but did played MX80(3U) and ARC8DX(3U), VTZF (4U), NS8000(4U), NS3000(4U), NR750(4U), NR700FX(4U)

Weight wise VTZF > NR750 = NS3000 > NS8000 = NR700FX
    Power wise VTZF > NR750 >= NS8000 = NS3000 > NR700FX
    Clear wise NR750 > VTZF > all others
    defense wise all > VTZF

With NR750, you have to use some wrist power. And I feel NBG98 will be best fit, my current one is NBG99.

3. yeahehehehe

Hmmm , NBG99 for me is better . It's a shame only a few uses these beautiful rackets . Need some more opinions guys!

4. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

Just wanted to mention the BS12 is even balance not head-light, thought with a 4u it might play like a headlight anyway.

When some others have tried my 3U BS12 they have commented it feels heavy though I don't consider it particularly heavy myself. Definitely wouldn't class it as headlight though, I guess it's most subjective to what you have used previously.

5. yeahehehehe

This is my second topclass racket , last one was a Nanoray Z Speed , used it for 2 months . But had more experience with a 100gram Wish Carbon 909 Stiff racket, felt light . And because i felt familiar with the Wish , i would classify BS12 as headlight . Probably gonna get a 4U version for the BS to experiment! :D

6. gy79bc

gy79bc Regular Member

programmer
    Everyone feeling to racket is different. I do not like my Mx80 due to it has cracking feel which leads to believe the hit is not good, besides it's too stiff. It basically not much repulsion. Comparing to NR750, NS8000, NS3000 they feel different. Basically, Yonex rackets are generally behaves as they said. You should try NR750 and BS12 before you buy, I think you will choose NR750

7. yeahehehehe

Argh , its a very tough decision . I dont want to waste two hundred bucks again. Both are middle ground rackets , both have a little touch in the head , both are fast , manuevarable , delivers good power . Need some more input , i need what you guys feel about them , dont need what i feel about them . Because i can adapt easily to these kinds . And i cant try these , im gonna order online , because prices here are stupidly insane (300$ for SP code)

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

:rolleyes:

9. yeahehehehe

Sorry , but what are you supposed to say , sir? Haha

10. amleto

amleto Regular Member

your first consideration for which is the best racket is colour...

11. yeahehehehe

Oh, lol. Actually, the third consideration. Haha

12. ne_bad_minton

ne_bad_minton Regular Member

engineer
    I do not have NS750. I am using NS700FX and BS12 (blue), and switching the racket between games without significant difference. They are quite identical to me.
    The difference when I feel:
    - BS 12 has longer shaft.
    - BS 12 is slightly more flex.
    - NS700FX gives me more accurate drop and net (I believe due to its shorter shaft).
    - BS 12 gives me slightly easier lob and smash (I believe due to its longer shaft and flex).

Both good at manueverablity and easy to play with.

13. yeahehehehe

Lol , its not ns750 , its nanoray 750 . Thanks for the input , i need some more . Even if you just give me reviews and not direct comparisons would be fine. Thx :)

14. ne_bad_minton

ne_bad_minton Regular Member

engineer
    Yes, there are NR, no more NS. :)

15. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I'd say go with the BS12. You can't have the best of all worlds, but the BS12 gives them to you in generous proportion.

16. yeahehehehe

Hmmm, ive also been considering MXJjS. Ive been seeing numerous fantastic feedback about it.I know its even balanced-head heavy,but im used to 100gram rackets and they say its easy to swing.Not as fast as BS does but still quick.Paul and dbswansea gave it a near perfect score. Anyway im just using it for pawning school varsities and using it for about 4yrs. Anyway feel free to put some more input,review and comparisons. I got till november 14 to decide. THX :)

17. axxian

axxian New Member

Mmm strangely enough I have both of these raquets - i think they play fairly similair - even though I have a 3U BS12 and a 4U NR750.

My go to has always been the BS12 - but last week i've been trying out the NR750. I mainly play doubles - so these might not affect you much.

In terms of power - the 3U BS12 definitely has more (but this could be because of the 3U vs 4U). Although in saying that the clears on the 750 is easier - but smash is weaker. I think the BS12 is better for fast drives as well.

The biggest difference I found is that the 750 is more stable when it contacts the shuttle - maybe because its a bit stiffer - I'm not sure; could be bad technique on my part. But its much easier to return smashes with the 750 - and keep the rallys going longer. This could be just me though - so I'm unsure if the raquet just suits my bad defensive shots.

So far I am liking the NR 750 more - just because my weakest shot - defensive return this raquet seems to make it much easier. Even compared to my other raquets like 4U MX80 and 3U MX60 - for me it seems the to have the correct speed/stability for these kind of shots.

Anyways - hard to say if it suits you - but i feel the play pretty similar - just that the stability at point of contact seems to be better for me with the 750.

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Honestly, I would only go for a 3U racket for singles. 4U can be really demanding if you play tournaments. IMO BS12 and NR750 are both not the racket which I would recommend for singles. I thinks it's a bit stuck up to rate a racket for different shots. Especially your different rating for clear and smash. It's basically the same stroke with different position of contact the shuttle. I wouldn't recommend such fast rackets for singles because there is no need for such quickness. Control, less demanding and power should be your focus. An MX70 is a good melt of both rackets with a bit more weight in the head. Just my 0,02 EUR.

19. yeahehehehe

Sadly, the nr750 is for girls, and pricier. So i guess im going for the Mxjjs or the bs12. Still deciding, will post updates. Anyway just to tell you, im gonna get another racket this january, perhaps bs12 or nr750....or maybe the new nanoray.Use for doubles. But this one im getting now will be for singles.Feel free to post comparisons and reviews here. Might use them as reference for my second one. ;-)

20. yeahehehehe

I play quite defensively in singles, my tactic is defending whatever shot theyre doing and moving him to the sides, until he is tired.Then finish of with a drive or a forecourt smash. I play singles with doubles tactics. If you know what i mean. ..