2014 World Championships in Kopenhagen, Denmark - I need some infos ;)

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by KB@TB Em, Nov 3, 2013.

1. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Hi guys,
    since I didn´t got any answer from info@sporteventdenmark.com, I ´ll start this thread. Maybe we have some Danish followers who can answer a few questions. Or other people who already visted Denmark, eg. for the Denmark Open. Maybe you also have some other e-mail addresses where I could the infos from...

Here the mail I wrote to them.

Hello,

since there are not that many big Badminton events in Europe (or clash with other events (matchday, playing tourneys)) and the date of the World Cup 2014 matches with our summer holiday we decided to visit Copenhagen and the tournament.
    I know it is quite some time until mid next year, but the earlier I get some information the better.
    We will be a small group of 3-7 people and we are from Germany. All adults.

• Is it correct the allday pass costs 850DKK on presale (starting from 21st Oct to 1st dez)? What is meant with exclusive ticket fee? How much will it be?
    • A flight should be easier than travelling the long way via car(s)!? How far away is the airport to the venue?
    • We thought it could be nice to rent a small appartment/holiday cottage or something for the group (we want to come a few days earlier (Friday) and visit Copenhagen before the tournament starts). Could you recommend any appartments/holiday cottages? Or do you think a hotel is the better way? With which costs should we plan roughly for 8 or 9 nights.
    • How close are these appartments/hotels, etc to the venue. Is it advisable to get a ticket for public transport? Which one?
    • Which sights should we visit? (I think we will have 4 free days until the world cup starts)
    • Other things we should visit or do Copenhagen/Denmark is known for (Restaurants, food, nightlife...)?
    • What about the language? Will we get on with English easily as noone of us speaks Danish?
    • Other things we should mention?

2. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I've just booked a ticket. With a foreign credit card, I was charged 895 DKK. Seat selection was very limited.

I've been to Denmark and other Scandinavian countries before. Most people I met can speak very good English.

#2 fauci, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Is there any tour package available? That seems a good way to secure good seats.

4. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Good seats have probably been reserved for later sale when prices are higher. :rolleyes: