Suitable racket for Mens Doubles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rajiv03, Nov 3, 2013.

1. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone. I'm an intermediate badminton player (B grade) and I am looking for a new racket since I recently broke my Arc Saber FB :crying: Am looking for a racket which suits my style of play. I mainly play Mens doubles now and I am a rear court player (inspired by Fu Haifeng) :cool: So, I would want a heavy head racket with good speed. I believe I can adopt to any type of racket with time. so, please don't think I am contained to lighter rackets just because I've used FB before. Am okay with any brand!! So, it would be great if all of u can put in ur suggestions!!

More info:
    Previously Ive tested arc saber 11 but I want something that can exhibit more power.
    I've also tested the Voltric 80 4U and I really like it and I am strongly considering buying it.

If you could suggest me something like V80 it would be great.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

My current Adipower Pro is surprisingly an excellent racket compared to a 4u vt80 I had before.

3. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the reply Visor. Why do u feel so? Is it head lighter and faster than V80 4U? What about stiffness? I will head out to to my nearest pro shop to try it out this weekend.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, slightly less stiff.
    Almost the same power but much more maneuverable for fast doubles.

5. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Oh okay! I will definitely give it a try but what about Li Ning rackets? I read that Li Ning N50ii has good power with speed. Unfortunately our badminton stores don't stock Li Ning. Can anyone tell me if it's a good racket compared to Voltric 80 4U. Is this a heavy headed racket? How stiff is it? Does it suit offensive type players (rear court)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

You could try a Voltric Z-Force?

7. heeroyuy

heeroyuy Regular Member

If you're inspired by FHF, why not try Li Ning N9? :D
    If your local stores don't carry LN rackets, you can order online from MBS store in HK.

8. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the reply Drew. I have indeed tried Voltric Z-Force but it was way too heavy headed for me am It seemed too slow for my doubles play. I like the power on Z-Force but that only makes me tired after an hour or so.

9. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Yes, I did give it a good thought but since I dont have access to Li Ning rackets I want some of the members to give me their insight on this racket. How is N9 compared to Voltric 80 3U and 4U. I know this isn't as stiff as Voltric 80 nor is it as head heavy as Voltric 80 3U. I want to know how the speed of N9 is compared to V80 4U and of course the power. Could you generate more power from N9 compared to V80 4U? thanks for your reply.

10. drew tze en

Have you tried the 4U version???

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hey Bro , I suggest you try victor MX 80 or 90 , good choice

12. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Never got to play with 4U because my pro-shop never stocked the 4U version. I tried the Voltric 80 4U but I wouldn't think they are similar! How is it compared to Voltric 80 4U? May be if u can give me some insight on this racket I could take the risk buying it online without trying it.

13. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the reply Ferrerkiko. I will definitely head down to the victor pro-shop soon and I will give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion again!

14. drew tze en

Since, I have/had a 4U version of both rackets, I prefer the Z-Force, mainly because the Voltric 80 kept giving me recurring shoulder pains and the Z-Force didn't as well as giving me a more powerful smash, I'll be getting a 3U Z-Force in a few days/weeks I'll compare the 4U to the 3U version

15. rajiv03

rajiv03 Regular Member

Student
    I've felt that Voltric Z-Force 3U is much more stiffer and heavy headed than Voltric 80 3U and I' though, even the 4U version of Z-Force would be head heaver & stiffer than Voltric 80 4U. That's probably a wrong assumption!! Since you have already played with both Z-Force 4U and Voltric 80 4U. Apart from the Powerful smash, what were the other difference? I mean hows the head weight and stiffness of Z-Force 4U relative to Voltric 80 4U. I've also heard that Z-force 4U is a tad bit faster than Voltric 80 4U. Voltric Z-force 4U could be an interesting choice if it is indeed faster than Voltric 80 4U.. I would be very interested especially with that extra bit of power that Z-Force give. Thanks for the suggestion Drew. Much appreciated!

16. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    How bout trying Victor TK-8ooo or TK-6ooo ?
    They r Victor's competition to VT80 n VT70.