Fake Ebay Rackes Auctions

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by bluejeff, Jan 27, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Fake Ebay Rackets Auctions

This Thread is just a reminder to people, nothing else:)
    (You don't really need to reply to this thread, but to watch for those auctions.)

Okay, for those of you looking at the ebay (or emailed me for advice about how to distinguish fake rackets), here is a list of auctions that I think are fakes(as of today, Jan.27.2004):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3657571442&category=2919
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3657571597&category=2919

Note: You should always ask sellers before you bid.

#1 bluejeff, Jan 27, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    "Excuse me, but are your rackets fake?" you mean?

dave

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    No, these are other people's auctions that I think are fakes.
    They are not mine, I am just warning people about this. (who wants to throw $ away?)

#3 bluejeff, Jan 27, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think those are fakes, due to "Made in China", "This 2U is lighter than Yonex 2U", and the bags (with 100 or 99 printed on).

Hmmm... either his entire group does not know too much about equipment (feel much lighter than other Yonex 2U), or, just a nice made-up story (got too many for friends, trip took so long, 1 of each his buddy tried MP100 and MP99, etc).

Well, let's see how the deal turn out to be.

5. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

at least he's being honest about it :p

6. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    You can see the 99's fake from the lack of the Muscle power strip near the T-joint and around the base of the head.

7. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Who is the ad player pic on the auction attached??Looks like a fake player too

I think there was no close-up near the muscle bumps and the strips coz there are none :), it will be too obvious for the buyer to spot it to be a fake!!!

Who is that player pic on the tag attached to the racket!!
    looks like a danish, not Peter Gade i guess!!
    Maybe the player shown also is not a genuine badminton champ, but a fake player!!!

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
  9. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Re: Who is the ad player pic on the auction attached??Looks like a fake player too

The player looks like Poul Eric Larsen.

10. dragnfly

dragnfly New Member

geez

Ok. I'm the guy who's selling the stuff.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. Yes, these aren't authentic Japan made. That's why I stated they are made in China.

But if some ppl here don't think they exist, check again when you go to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and yes, China. THEY EVEN SAY MADE IN JAPAN. So only the true badminton enthusiast or manufacturers themselves would know.

LazyBuddy, if you don't wanna believe that story about my friends, that's up to you. As far as i'm concerned, I bought 6 racquets from that trip, one I use for myself and now I'm stuck with 5 that I won't be using anyway since I have another 3 that I use. An old Aerotus, a fake Ti7, and a REAL Ti5. And in my opinion, this fake MP100 i'm using handles better than the Ti5 that I have.

BlueJeff, I appreciate the heads up to ppl. There are a lot of fakes out there. And most don't know how to tell. But I don't believe that buying a fake is a waste of money. Some, like me at times, wouldn't want to pay 200 bucks for a racket. I prefer to splurge on my gadgets. These fakes are a good affordable alternative to a lot. On the other hand, if you buy cheap 'real' ones, they are heavier, and older quality. Some of the fakes me and my friends buy are not because of the brand. Obviously, in this case brand is moot. But some do handle well. As any badminton enthusiast knows, even if you have the latest amortec, if u suck, u suck. Paying $200 won't make your game better. I'm told that the only major diff between Japan racquets is that they can handle higher tensions and the China ones is up to 22lbs recommended. You can push it to 25 but it could easily break. I'm told Japan ones can go up to 28lbs.

As for me, I'm just trying to get rid of 5 dust collecting racquets. Reserve price is that of cost price to me. Hope that clears up stuff.

If people are oblivious to cheaper china products, what rock are u living under? It's like PC clones. I'd never buy a branded PC when clones are the same thing for cheaper. But then again, I'm a Mac guy. But that's for another forum.

11. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    You're stating in your ads that these are Yonex racquets. They're not. You can't see what the fuss is about? Well, that makes you more than just dishonest, I'd say. You're also suggesting that these racquets handle better than the real Yonexes. That's possible, but nevertheless a completely irrelevant subjective statement. They're still fakes.

Admitting on this forum that the racquets are fakes doesn't change anything -- that should have been in your ads.

You're saying that buying a wake isn't a waste of money. If a buyer expects the real thing, you're dead wrong.

You're stuck with 5 fake racquets you want to get rid of. Then they should be clearly declared as fakes, and priced like fakes.

12. dragnfly

dragnfly New Member

ok

Mag,

it seems that I may have underestimated the clarity of my auction. Granted, I should have put fakes. I thought putting China made was enough. I just patterned it on older ebay bids I saw few weeks ago which also said China made. Obvious fakes. But i guess that's coz i know how to spot them.

to show that this originally wasn't meant as a scam, i will update the auctions THAT AREN'T bid on to reflect it. I cannot edit auctions that already have bids.

And to further appease your mind, do know that I have gotten a lot of inquiries about the racquets via email and have been quite open that these are NOT authentic.

any more concerns?

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Re: ok

1. Fake Rackets never have Yonex's approval. So you should take out anything that says "Yonex". You can still sell those as a regular rackets, but not to promote them as Yonex Rackets.

2. You can "add" your description on the auctions that has bids. At least inform the bidders about it, otherwise, you are involved in a trust-issue here. Buyers might have problems later on, and might turned you in because you didn't say so at the auction he bidded.

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Sigh.... What kind of socity are we in right now!?

First of all, buying fake racquets is not right in the beginning. Reselling them is worse. Reselling them without claiming them as fake is even worst.

Comparing this:

A person can buy a illegal copy of Lord of the Ring III in china for only $1 dollar, why spends $20 dollars buying the one from New Line? And the quality is almost the same.

A person brought 10 copies back to the US. He only need 1. He put an ad say "Lord of the Ring III from New Line (made in China, no US) for sale $5 dollars.

Well, it's just simply not right doing that.

15. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I think that bluejeff is doing a great service here in spotting out the fake badminton rackets being sold on ebay, and bringing it out on the forum.

Even better is that the seller has come forward and is attempting to make amends/addendums.

It's going in the right direction, and encouragement is in order, rather that discouragement.

Awesome effort :)

-dave

16. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Yes, bluejeff is doing a great job. I myself is trying to buy a MP100 also. Without bluejeff's tips, I may bid on one of these fake racquets also.

It's the seller coming forward saying the people in BF.com making a big fuss and he didn't nothing wrong that really shock me.

#16 Qidong, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the statement 'made in china' is just subliminal marketing hoping for a technicality claim in case of trouble. Just say it's fakes, dont beat around the bush. Technically, according to china, taiwan and HK are ALSO china. So do u know which china they were made?

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re: geez

1. I really don't care about the story itself, whether it's true or not, has nothing to do with the fact u mis-lead the buyers. How? U know it's not Yonex, but ur title stated, "brand new Yonex MP xxxxx"

2. I agree. The equipment has limited influence on ur performance. However, that does NOT cover ur fault of mis-leading customers. Whether the customers just a newbie and want to show off a MP99/100, or s/he truely like the performance of the real racket, u do NOT know (And that's their own business). Plus, I can say I am not a car racer, however, if I am rich enough to buy a BMW convertable, what's wrong with that? A car dealer can't use the reason, "hey, ur skill is not good", to sell me a cheap 2nd used no-name junk, while just print a BMW sign on it.

3. Yeah, ur starting price is fairly low. However, what about if the final bidding price is in the same range as the real ones? Will u still tell the buyers, hey, they are not real, and I can refund ur money?

4. Yeah, maybe u have difficulties to edit ur bid. What about add some "noteS"? What about email the buyers about the truth? What about just end it and re-post it? If you are honest enough, u will find an effective way to do so.

5. Like u metioned, only the ppl who "study" the equipment will know the difference between "Made in China" (fake ones) vs "Made in Japan" (real ones). And u brought up the recoomand tension, etc. How come I don't see such descriptions in ur bid description??? Sure, u can claim the buyers will know... hmmmm...

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

This is the worst excuse I can ever think of. You clearly know tons of asians in this community, what's ur intention on this one?

I don't mind buy product from 3rd world nations, as long as it's legal made items. However, if just illegal fakes, no matter how cheap or how good the quality is, it is AGAINST THE LAW!!!

I don't care whether u used no-brand PC or not. Personally, I use them as well. However, they all have their own brand name, or clearly stated as OEM, etc. I don't mind buying them, if the price vs quality ratio is reasonable. However, if they put a sel-made sticker as DELL / GATEWAY / COMPAQ etc, i am sure they will be in trouble very soon. And if their price later on could be in the same range as the real one, oh boy, u know...

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Hate to say this, but more like a "shameless" excuse.

Why? It's like this, hey, I know xxxx robbed a bank, I will do the same. Or, I know xxx killed more ppl, I did much less, why u arrest me?

So, let the lawsuit hit on, u will understand why there's so much "concern".