Aerotus 55/bg65 question.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by l337v1n337, Jan 27, 2004.

1. l337v1n337

l337v1n337 Regular Member

Student
    I am pretty new and dont know much about this.. but i have a question regarding the aerotus55 and bg65 strings. I have been using my Aerotus 55 with bg65 for around a month, but i recently tried a friend's carbonex with bg66 strings and felt an incredible difference in power. Someone suggested i change my grip since i had a tennis grip. I now have a Yonex SuperGrap (or so says the case) and was wondering whether this would help me get some more power out of my racquet. If not, what do you suggest? The tension seems fine.. so is it just the racquet, strings, or what? (note: i have not tried my racquet with the new grip yet)

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You shouldn't rely exclusively on your equipment to give you the performance. Find a good coach and nurture you by teaching and drilling you the proper techniques to begin with.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    BG66 is .66mm, while BG65 is .70mm. Therefore, the thinner string has less air resistance, which will transfer into more RP (boucy to generate "power").

However, the major drawback is, BG66's durability is very short. Never saw anyone survived after 3 weeks of regular play.

4. l337v1n337

l337v1n337 Regular Member

Student
    ah ok. thanks guys. I think for now i'll stick with the bg-66 and practice with it until its close to a tournament.