MP100 Replacement -> ARC11 or NR-ZSP ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lhkjacky, Nov 5, 2013.

1. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
    Dear All,

I am looking for a replacement for MP100. :)
    I have tried the VT80, which is great but slightly too head heavy for me (men double).

I am not a fan of NanoSpeed or NanoRay series, because the head is too light & lack of power.
    But it seem that NR-ZSP is a special case, which is head heavy than others racket in the same series.;)

Do you think I should get the ARC11 or NR-ZSP? :confused:

Do anyone have tried both of the rackets?
    It will be greatly appreciate , if you could compare the Power, Speed, Control, Defense between these 2 rackets.

Thank you very much:p

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I only tried the 2U NRZP so a comparison would be not fair. IMO the Arc11 is a great racket. You can't go wrong with it. Doubles or singles this racket is really a great allrounder and should suit many players.

3. casey288

casey288 Regular Member

Arc11: All rounder with go accuracy and decent smash power.
    NRZS: Attacking racket with great smash and drive (if u got used to the frame size) but lack on defense and accuracy.

If you are a tactical type of player and demand accurate placement, go for Arc11. If you really are the offensive type and demand speed and played aggressively, you can always try NRZS. Since you are playing more offensive and counter-attacking when defense, you can worry less about NRZS defense.

4. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

zspeed is a demanding racquet. the stroke need to be perfectly executed. if u cant hit consistently on the sweetspot it could give problem for you. arc 11 is very easy to play with. less mistake made, more accurate and easy to manoeuvre. for flat fast speed stroke, it is better compared with zspeed. for smash it lack the feel compared with zspeed. although zspeed can hit hard, its less consistent.

for me i would favor arcsaber 11 more. if i am having a bad day in my game. I know its just me and i could not blame the racquet.

i have tried almost all yonex high end model (2008 and above). and i would say arcsaber 11 is the best in term of playability, input of feel, power execution, consistency and accuracy. Although for the feel alone i would choose voltric zforce 4u as the winner (that is why its my main racquet). this is my own personal feeling. feel free to use it should it benefit you.

power = zspeed > arc 11
    speed = arc 11 > zspeed (man, the zspeed is heavy. for fast game it give me trouble. apart from long swing i did not gain benefit from it)
    consistency = arc 11> zspeed (especially on smashing, i am more consistent on arc 11)
    defence = arc 11 > zspeed
    accuracy = arc 11 > zspeed
    feel (input given from the racquet) = zspeed > arc 11
    overall winner = arc 11
    value for money = arc 11
    suitability for single = zspeed, arc 11
    suitable for double = arc 11 (zspeed is too demanding to manoeuvre and fast flat push game)

plus and minus
    zspeed = very beautiful. minus factor weird small looking frame
    arc 11 = less attractive compared to zspeed. weird looking big frame. but nice at some angle

#4 smashmaniac, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
    Thanks all for the reply :p

I think I will get the ARC11. :)

Because you remind me that accuracy is one of the most important factor in badminton. Make less mistake does make badminton more fun.

Thank you very much ~(^_^)~

6. oledgless

oledgless New Member

me too,this is my own personal feeling. feel free to use it should it benefit you.thanks
    [​IMG]

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    from my experience, i felt that the nanoray800 3u is actually a close racket to the mp100 if i remember correctly. shaft is quite stiff, even balance and on the heavy side of the 3u range....but it's been a while since i retired my mp100 so i might be wrong. i only remember one thing, using the mp100 required a lot of energy and so did the nanoray800.

sorry i have no experience with neither of the rackets you have asked, couldn't help you there :(

8. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

The Arc11 is my favourite racket. I used to be a graphic artist and the graphics on the Arc11 are so beautiful. I might get another one on that basis alone.

I've played with it for doubles and singles and it was ridiculously consistent. The sweetspot is pretty large but when you hit it smack in the middle you will know it. It might not be as powerful as my 4U VTZF, but it's close. I use the VTZF for XD and Arc11 for MD.

You also won't get tired from using the Arc11 since it's even balanced (not actually since mine is 290mm with grip and string on, dry is 293mm).

Out of my top 3 rackets I would rank them Arc11>VTZF=AT900T