Voltric z force or Voltric 80?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Exert, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Hey bc , I need help on what to choose as a singles racquet and I am stuck in between the z force and the Voltric 80, I've heard that both of these racquets are pretty head heavy but z force is more head heavy with a stiffer shaft , and Voltric 80 is rated stiff with head heavy other recommendations are good too! Preferably yonex though :) thank you

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm a heavy hitter , I'm 14 & I currently use a armortec 250 factory strung and a nanospeed 100 strung at 25 pounds with Adidas adipower I believe with plastics, thanks

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm a heavy hitter , I'm 14 & I currently use a armortec 250 factory strung and a nanospeed 100 strung at 25 pounds with Adidas adipower I believe with plastics, thanks

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO the AT250 is a really good racket. I own one, too. Try it with new stringing job, it's very different compared to the crappy factory string. Due the fact that you are so young, I would recommend max. tension 24lbs. Especially with plastics.
    If you are serious about badminton I would invest my money in feathers.

5. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    To be honest the factory strings are really ugh .-., I'm thinking 25 lbs with ultimax 66? I generally don't break my strings at all , I'm used to thin strings , why would I invest money on feather though? :0

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you are interested to play league games or tournaments you are biased to use feathers. IMO you ruin your technique if you play plastics. It's a completely different feel and you can do more things, like tumbling and so on. It takes a long time to get used to feathers when you are coming from plastics. TBH it's better to play with a cheaper rackets and spend money on feathers, than a fancy high end racket to play plastics. It's like buying a mountainbike to ride on the streets.
    BG66 Ultimax is a good string. Maybe 25lbs can be too much for you. 24lbs is a good limit especially for plastics. No lbs more.

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    My age right now U-14 only uses plastic but to get prepared as I get older for example U-16 I will be used to feathers?, I can handle 25 lbs it's perfect for me I tried tensions below 25 and higher and 25 seems to be great, also I've heard that plastic you don't really have to snap your wrist when you smash I still do but for feathers is it true you need to incorporate wrist snaps more often? I usually do wrist curls to make my wrist stronger with 8-10 lbs 15 reps of 3 sets

8. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I'm not far from your age, I'm 16 at the moment.
    I remember coming on this forum, which helped me buy my first how end racket. hahaha
    Tbh, you have to try both rackets out first. I own a Voltric Z-Force and I owned a Voltric 80. For me, I kept having shoulders injuries with the racket but having the Z-Force, I stopped having that problem.
    I usually play offensively, and having these rackets helped and I enjoy the Voltric Z-Force more as it gave me more power.

9. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Ahahahah, I see & I tried a Voltric z force 88 the old looking one from a friend , is it near the Voltric 80 more? I felt like it lacked power from smashing from base lines & I'm leaning towards the z force more at the moment

10. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

In Canada, most non-facility clubs use plastics, also plastics for school tourneys. I play with both plastics and feathers, obviously feathers don't last very long compared to plastics, so unless you plan on participating in tourneys that use perma-courts and feathers, you should generally stick to plastics. I recommend this because playing with feathers constantly will mess you up when you switch to plastics, and vice-versa. Also, feathers are really addicting and will take a toll on your wallet.

Anyways for the rackets. I would recommend VT-80, it's less demanding (less head-heavy and stiff, though only slightly so). Since you're 14 and still developing muscles and w.e. you wouldn't want to put unnecessary stress on them, however this only applies if you don't have good technique :)

11. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yeah it is mostly plastics, yeah I think I will stick to plastics thanks :),

I currently do badminton training , my technique is fine my foot work is getting there I just keep forgetting to lunge sometimes but my muscle memory is usually working so I've been lunging lots especially back hands, the only thing I need I work on is not almost doing splits and lunging so far at the drop shots ahaha, but thank you! I'm in between Voltric 80 and vtzf 50 50 I think I need one more recommendation then I'll be set ! Thanks BC I appreciate it

12. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

I havent tried the 80 , but it is more lighter , aerodynamic than the ZF . It's better than the ZF in terms of speed . For the ZF , it packs a thunderous smash when put to the hands with the right technique , but defense degrades a little (really little) . For your age , goin for the ZF since at your tourneys there wouldnt be real millisecond reaction times .I wonder if you have enough money to buy this thing though , if you do then go enjoy pubstomping :D

P.S.
    For school tourneys , why not use your OWN feathers for the match . Lend them yours

13. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Thanks!, yeah that is true I met a guy at my recreational centre that plays in grade nine in singles, he was good and he sure was packing a punch in his smashes but they were kinda slow and so I defended then easily enough, I think I'm determined to get a VTZF thank you!, I'm generally the best one in my entire school ,

As for the feathers oh my I wish, unfortunately we aren't allowed .-. , we also have to wear our team jerseys but I don't see why :0 anyways thank you sir have a great night everyone.

14. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Yup. Plastics are regulation, just the way it is.

15. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

The Voltric Z-Force I have, is more head heavy then the Voltric 80 I had, I love the racket so much, I want to buy more when I have money :( The Voltric 80??? I'm confused " I felt like it lacked power from smashing from base lines &amp" Which racket are you talking about?

16. heeroyuy

heeroyuy Regular Member

He was referring to VTZF 88:
    [​IMG]

17. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    The Voltric 88

18. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

The Zforce is a really extreme racket. Head heavy, very stiff and a smaller head size than normal. But, if you have good technique and train with it, you'll be able to master it without a problem. If you had an injured shoulder (like me) I would not recommend it but since it isn't your case...

The best is always to try first. Also, as other said, your AT250 is a very fine racket and could use some nice strings like BG80, BG66 or some NBG98 or 99.

I have to tell you : in one league that I play (doubles with feathers) one really good player still uses is old AT70. Not AT700... an armortec 70!

19. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    The head isn't as small as the z slash I'm pretty sure , I've heard the z slash has timing issues and this doesn't? :0, yeah my at 250 isn't getting strung any time soon , it's really head heavy and helping out with my wrist on strengthing it, thanks ! , is the z force really stiff? Like say an Arcsaber DX series?

20. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Indeed, it isn't as small as the z slash, but is still a little smaller than usual. The Z force is really stiff, but I can't say if it plays like the Arc DX series since the ZF has a much heavier head. The head weight will also help bending the shaft while swinging.