User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your fast enough, intercept and vary between smash, drop (sliced or straight) or clear.
    if you're not able to do these shots: work on your game.

if you're too slow, somehow try to reach the shuttle and play a slower shot (clear or drop) to regain a neutral position.
    and work on getting faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor, i have tried with many rackets so it wouldnt be a problem. I think i dont have any problem with pronation too.

captaincook, i thought the contact point must be as high as possible? That s why i never jump when i want to hit high ball with clear unless i need to take it early. And also my arm is also fully stretch when hitting these shots. So i ll definitely try this tonite.

Thanks guys for the input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    if your fast enough, intercept and vary between smash, drop (sliced or straight) or clear.
    if you're not able to do these shots: work on your game.

if you're too slow, somehow try to reach the shuttle and play a slower shot (clear or drop) to regain a neutral position.
    and work on getting faster.
    oops sorry i didn't see this post on second page. Yea i can intercept if i want, but the result of the shots is totally different compared to hitting falling shuttle. They wont be as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malinosega View Post
    Visor, i have tried with many rackets so it wouldnt be a problem. I think i dont have any problem with pronation too.

captaincook, i thought the contact point must be as high as possible? That s why i never jump when i want to hit high ball with clear unless i need to take it early. And also my arm is also fully stretch when hitting these shots. So i ll definitely try this tonite.

Thanks guys for the input.
    when i played just now, bending my elbow definitely works on focusing my power to shuttle. I need at least a week to confirm this is the solution i am looking for. Thank you for the tips.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Adjust to different opponents. You can always adjust your base to be 1 foot further back.

Alternative is to develop a good technique of coping when the shuttle has already past you. All top and advanced players can do this.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

when i played just now, bending my elbow definitely works on focusing my power to shuttle. I need at least a week to confirm this is the solution i am looking for. Thank you for the tips.
    If you want to pronate with power, you must lead the stroke with a slightly bent elbow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i do it naturally with other strokes. Even for backhand. Only when reaching attacking clear my elbow is fully stretched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Adjust to different opponents. You can always adjust your base to be 1 foot further back.

Alternative is to develop a good technique of coping when the shuttle has already past you. All top and advanced players can do this.
    This is another problem i am having. But i ll deal with it after this one.

Arghh can't resist to ask, do i need to change the grip to take a late forehand shot? Or i compensate it with my shoulder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't resist to ask, do i need to change the grip to take a late forehand shot? Or i compensate it with my shoulder?
    Imo, even if you're late, your stroke should be the same. What should be done is compensate from body/arm position. Eg. bend backwards or sideways more. Safely.

If you're so late that the above doesn't work, then forget doing a clear that's just gonna go half court and opt for safer shots like defensive drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gnoils View Post
    Imo, even if you're late, your stroke should be the same. What should be done is compensate from body/arm position. Eg. bend backwards or sideways more. Safely. If you're so late that the above doesn't work, then forget doing a clear that's just gonna go half court and opt for safer shots like defensive drop.
    Yeap this what i thought. I usually do defensive drop, but varies it with crosscourt drop or drive as hard as a can along sidelines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem. Without giving u a half answer, heres how i deal with it.
    Against players with fast attacking clears.. I split step/square a bit further back, if they are very versatile and use a lot of drops then this isn't much of an option. So option 2, is covering with the medium speed flat low return. Generally speaking people expect this straight, so it is very useful learning this shot cross-court. If im unclear, watch peter gade games, he tends to stand a little more forward (and he can be slow when hes tired).. he has very good technique, footwork wise and hitting wise when covering the driving clears. hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you jencon13, but do u mean i should move back my base position? Coz when i play i dont usually have time to get back to base, unless i do a high net lift or defensive clear to the middle.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you jencon13, but do u mean i should move back my base position? Coz when i play i dont usually have time to get back to base, unless i do a high net lift or defensive clear to the middle.
    err, well that right there is your problem. Of course take into consideration that your base is dynamic throughout a rally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that s what i meant. I dont practically go back to center everytime. My 'base' is half step to one step back of any shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

search - recovery step, or ask someone who knows, or watch youtube.
    Then keep practicing it until this "recovery step" becomes your standard movement back to "base".
    Last edited by captaincook; 11-14-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that s what i meant. I dont practically go back to center everytime. My 'base' is half step to one step back of any shot.
    captaincook, is this what u meant by 'recovery step'?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah well there lies the problem as many have suggested, but not to worry, improving your recovery speed (imo) is much easier than improving your actual chasing speed. Yeah so look up videos for techniques etc, as its hard to describe every technique for every corner. If you still have the problem still, i'd advise what i recommended previously, best of luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast