Nanoray 10 - Nanoray 20

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alphapc, Nov 6, 2013.

1. alphapc

alphapc New Member

Hello,
    Someone can explain to me the difference between Yonex Nanoray 10 and Yonex Nanoray 20 ? I know they don't have the same weight but are there other differences ?
    Witch have the more power ? The better for forehand clear ?
    I want to buy a not expensive racket but I don't know how to choose between these two.
    Thank you for your opinion.

2. Mittengal

Mittengal Regular Member

Well, weight actually counts towards more than you'd think.
    The heavier one probably packs a better punch, so it would most likely be better for power/clears.

However, on the other hand, it would have a longer recovery time which would make it harder to get ready for the next shot. If you're lacking in power, I would go for the heavier one. Just make sure it's not too heavy, because that's bad as well. The best is to see if
    a) a store will let you demo it for a few days, or
    b) just swing it around a bit in-store, see if it feels too heavy or light for you.
    After you've tried it out, you can make your choice. Different rackets suit different people, so you'll probably only really know which one's best once you've actually held them in your hands.

3. alphapc

alphapc New Member

Thank you very much for the answer. I did not know that the weight was so important. I can't test the rackets. I will take the nanoray 20.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have a nanoray20, in my opinion, it feels a lot better (to me) if i string it with a less stiff string. i first had it strung with victor vs850 and it felt horrible (to me). but afterward restringing it with bg65 or bg70 it felt a bit better. this racket is actually more toward 3u even balance with a bit head light. it is not head light as obvious as say nanoray700. i would say the same balance as nanoray300, but with a stiffer shaft in my opinion.

5. Guess313

Guess313 New Member

IT - Network and System Support
    Nanoray 20 has a different weight on seller's websites and Yonex official website. Badmintonwarehouse and badmintonave are selling it as 4U in description but Yonex website has mention it 3U. I have nanoray 20 and it says 3U on the racket as well