Babolat Speeder Yellow Review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by yeahehehehe, Nov 7, 2013.

1. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

So i got a chance to play with this racket . Playing doubles when i saw this mysterious yellow racket , borrowed it from a girl .I was surprised to see a red pacman as the icon ........ suddenly realized it was a babolat racket.Note that i had a minor forearm injury so power might be compromised . Here it goes , dont expect me to get this 100% as im a noob here.

Clears:
    This racket is good with clears , i must say that mine goes out of the court for a couple time for excessive force.I had a few timing issues but i wont say it's because of the racket as im a noob when hitting clears and overheads (Im too excited to hit the shuttle).

Drops:
    I wont say this racket is not good for drops . its a good one but i had a few miscontrols which leads to a drive . I havent had much to play drops with it but i must say , its also good.

Smash:
    Smash with this is easy , but again i had mistimings (im nervous and excited) . Theyre not as thunderous as head heavy ones (for me) , but they might when got into the right hands.

Defense:
    Here it goes , it's not that fast . Smashes are hard to defend with this guy . Drive defense were ok . Serve returns were ok , but the smashes were hard , it feels like im defending with my old racket .

Drive:
    Drives were ok , not that bad . Not so fast but still can get your opponent offguard with a couple of control.

Price:
    I did a research and found it at $45 . Very good price.

Overall:
    This racket is a good starter for beginners . It's cheap , its not bad , and when put to the right hands can really do something spectacular . My wrist is not so strong here take note . Id rate it 8/10 for beginner level and 6/10 for amateur to advanced. Feel free to criticize me :D