User Tag List

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words, old men like us can pass over them...

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cedricjy View Post
    KP version is more sturdy compare to CN version. So it is require more power and stamina to handle it.
    No, what I mean is, is there a difference in the "feel" of shuttle strike? What some of us is experiencing is a numb feel at contact, lacking the crispness of the MX and BS frames.

But I've been gradually increasing my tension, now ZM65 @ 25x27 lbs. Will play tonite to see how it feels this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the feel softer than yonex and li ning racquets? Or is the problem just that it's softer than most victors?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Softer than most Victors and more akin to Yonex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally Received the 8ps 4u bg80p 24lbs and played with it for an hr. Current racket is bs11 4u bg80p 24lbs. 8ps feels more weight at the head compare to bs11, but still more balance than head heavy. It's definitely easier to clear (both forehand and backhand), and better smash power in my hand. It's also a very fast frame, not quite the speed of BS, but faster than most yonex. It's true it does not feel as lively as BS, but not a deal breaker either. For those only familiar with yonex racket, I will say its a lighter, faster version of arc11. It feels so much lighter compare to my friend's arc11, and we exchange rackets in our session to compare. I always fine my smash significantly more powerful with a arc11, and now the 8ps 4u gives me the same power.
    Forgot to mention, the shaft is quite a bit more stiff than bs11. A beginner level player also tries it, but just unable to generate power given the stiffness. Overall think 8ps is a good replacement for BS, once victor decides to discontinue the BS series.
    One negative compare to BS, BS defence better. Not enough net shots to comment but BS may have a small upper hand too given the advantage in speed

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course your 4U 8PS feels lighter than your friend's Arc11... Arc 11 doesn't come in 4U weight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Of course your 4U 8PS feels lighter than your friend's Arc11... Arc 11 doesn't come in 4U weight.
    Yes I know and why I think Yonex should come out with a 4U Arc11. I used a Arc10 before and play with Arc11 quite a bit (2 frd's have it). The Arc11 definitely gives me more smash power but thats the only thing it does better compared to the BS11. BS11 wins hand down on all other areas. Now the 4U 8PS gives me the same smash power as a 3u Arc11, without sacrificing much in speed compared to the BS (i.e. still way faster than a arc11.) I have 3 BS11, 2 4U, 1 3U. Even the 4U JPS gives me more power even compared to the 3U BS11.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, power is pretty special from this racket. Clears and smashes are so easy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4U PS is too light for me, testing once the shuttle speed is too slow during hitting, and feeling like whole racket is vibration. 3U PS & ST so far no problem, may be just too sensitive but yet, 4U model always not really good for hard hitter.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

8PS update:

Been playing a few hours with gradually higher tension of ZM65 @ 25x27 lbs.

Much better feel and touch. Now my forecourt, net, touch, push shots and drives are much more accurate with better feel and control. Now I can go back to my usual shots that just skim over the net.

Maybe next time I'll still have to try BG80 just once to satisfy my curiosity if a hard feel string can improve feel further.

Power for smashes and clears and defensive drives are still there in spades. Very easy to generate power.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8PS update:

Been playing a few hours with gradually higher tension of ZM65 @ 25x27 lbs.

Much better feel and touch. Now my forecourt, net, touch, push shots and drives are much more accurate with better feel and control. Now I can go back to my usual shots that just skim over the net.

Maybe next time I'll still have to try BG80 just once to satisfy my curiosity if a hard feel string can improve feel further.

Power for smashes and clears and defensive drives are still there in spades. Very easy to generate power.
    So all it needed was higher tension... is it time for Victor to roll out a minimum warrantied tension?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. I pushed the ST to 29x31 and it still wasn't good enough. I find the frame just too soft

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    So all it needed was higher tension... is it time for Victor to roll out a minimum warrantied tension?
    Yah, if I needed that much I don't even want to think how much you'll need.

Just go straight to BG80, I'd say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. A hard feeling string will compensate if one wants that 'lively' feeling.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, if I needed that much I don't even want to think how much you'll need.

Just go straight to BG80, I'd say.
    Or NS30.

I'd really like to send a dozen of these things through at 30 to see what happens - I can't believe Victor would put a racket out that a pro couldn't use at 30+...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I m surprised on the 8ps, it actually says headlight printed on side of shaft ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest update : Liliyana Nasir uses JS-8ST