User Tag List

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I think so. copy and paste

Package Included:
    1. Racket (JS8PS, JS8ST, TK9000)
    2. FOC Fleet FG66UM (Worth RM29.90)
    3. FOC Professional Victor Stringing Service (Worth RM10.00)
    4. FOC Overgrip / Pu Grip (Worth RM6.00)
    5. FOC Badminton Cotton Bag (Worth RM20.00)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah....posting here some more. But not here to talk about the package, just clarify the package can upgrade to Yonex string by paying additional.

Today js8st and js8ps 1 pieces each arrive. Nearby friend can come to test the feeling. Later will string on it.

I have personally tested js8ps, extremely good model. Compare to js8st which is lighter, not suitable my style. However this is tested last 2 months, lets tried again later and give more feedbacks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    We can all read between the lines and expect each company to repeat a formula we've noticed as a trend. At the moment all I know is that there are two Jetspeed rackets due for release in 2014 and I'm hoping to test and review in February or March.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Paul,

I'm new to Victor and I don't understand their lineup of racquets. Are the Brave Swords Victor's ArcSaber equivalent? Meaning that it's even balance?

Is the Jetspeed the successor to the Brave Sword series and that this is the even balance range?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Jetspeed will eventually replace Bravesword. but not this year. they will still have the BS11/12/15/LHI, my guess is that they are in transition and series like the Superwave took a few years to phase out by the TK series. Superwave is finally gone for good now. similar would happen to the Bravesword. i think the 12 is probably selling so well they won't get rid of it.

and BS will trickle down to the very confusing mid/lower end market.

however, the BS LYD will be gone this year. so buy them up if you seriously like it.

the trend is good though, since now Victor has made their product lines more well defined, like what Yonex do.

TK = heavy heavy , similar to Voltric
    MX = all around, similar to Arcsaber
    JS = light headed, similar to Nanoray (well, except the Z-Speed!)
    In your opinion, which MX racquet is most similar to the ArcSaber 11? Is the MX series as stiff as the ArcSaber equivalent?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    In your opinion, which MX racquet is most similar to the ArcSaber 11? Is the MX series as stiff as the ArcSaber equivalent?
    I played with a club mates Arc11 and it was similarly balanced to my MXJJS but the JJS feels better, but maybe that's my own preference.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jjs is way way better than arc11. a little bit stiffer though, but it's addictive.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    jjs is way way better than arc11. a little bit stiffer though, but it's addictive.
    I was happy to hand it back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default JS 8 PS Docked

Docked for sharingName:  1.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  21.9 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  34.1 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  31.1 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  30.5 KB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    I guess we're just different players then. The Arc 11 was just too stiff for me. I felt handicapped when I tried it. I guess the JJS isn't for me then if it's more stiff than the Arc 11.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the Jetspeed photos, they don't seem to have quite a sharp an edge as they BS series. I wonder if it will be just as fast as the BSs given it is supposed to replace this series?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SGT_Strider

Victor are now catagorising their rackets as power, all round or speed. I'm delighted they have done this because it's easier for retailers to understand what each range represents. Jetspeed is of course part of the speed range which currently includes Bravesword.

R20190 is correct as these rackets do not have the sharp edge found on Braveswords. I have had Jetspeed PS in my hand but it was unstrung. It's difficult to know whether they will be faster than Bravesword or whether they have other attributes that provide speed. This shark skin material is interesting. You can really feel it but whether it increases speed with the small amount on the racket is unknown at the moment.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Looking at the Jetspeed photos, they don't seem to have quite a sharp an edge as they BS series. I wonder if it will be just as fast as the BSs given it is supposed to replace this series?
    I found the BS series lacking in sting in and the sharp edge chips too easily, so hopefully this slightly beefier frame would solve those two issues without compromising speed too much.

Regarding speed, I think that once a racket reaches around a certain swing wt (say dry head wt 39g, dry wt 87g, bp 295mm) the aerodynamics of the frame doesn't matter as much.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I found the BS series lacking in sting in and the sharp edge chips too easily, so hopefully this slightly beefier frame would solve those two issues without compromising speed too much.

Regarding speed, I think that once a racket reaches around a certain swing wt (say dry head wt 39g, dry wt 87g, bp 295mm) the aerodynamics of the frame doesn't matter as much.
    I personally don't find the BS lacking in sting - if I understand you correctly. I'm able to get quite a lot of power from my BSs. I do agree that the edge does chip extremely easily... which I guess is a small drawback for such a good racket.

Not sure I take the same view about aerodynamics not affecting HH racquets much. Yes they would swing slower than HL rackets when used by the same person. But the beauty with low air resistance is just that... you can effectively have the best of both worlds (well, almost).

My BSLYD has a BP of over 300mm (IIRC), which does feel quite head heavy in my hands. But when you swing it (clear/smash), it certainly does not feel anywhere like a 295mm+ racquet. The lower air resistance does help to increase the swing speed, thereby allowing for even more power.

Where aerodynamics doesn't matter so much is in slower strokes, such as in defense or drives where balance governs.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sting wise, definitely MX series > BS series, with only a slight aerodynamic compromise. Perhaps Victor thought that it was worth while to beef up the BS frame slightly but not so much to the point of MX, hoping it to be best of both worlds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Sting wise, definitely MX series > BS series, with only a slight aerodynamic compromise. Perhaps Victor thought that it was worth while to beef up the BS frame slightly but not so much to the point of MX, hoping it to be best of both worlds.
    you asking Victor to clone Eric's XP's? ;-)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    you asking Victor to clone Eric's XP's? ;-)
    Lol... Did you ever get an XP70 to try? I think you'll love it. It's still my favourite frame. Kinda hybrid of MX and BS. And that's why I'm interested in the JS series because I think Victor realizes they needed to beef up the BS frame a tad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't need to beef up the BS, they just need something new. You can only milk a frame design for so long before people get bored. If they thought they needed to beef up the BS, they could just......beef up the BS.

Honestly, I think the BS series is probably as fast as a standard ISO frame is going to get. The only way to get a faster head is to make the stringbed size smaller. But if Victor can use a barrier layer disrupting coating to make a chunkier frame as quick as a BS but without the torque you get especially when you hit high in the stringbed, then that would be a good move.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast