User Tag List

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    I don't know if it's the zxion or the nano fortify but I get a very very similar feeling from using the TK9000 and the one thing they have in common is nano fortify in the shaft
    I wonder if Zxion is similar to Zylon which is being used in other racquets ? They certainly seem similar enough, both being Liquid Crystalline fiber and has high tensile strength. Zylon was even used in protective vest before it was decertified. Certainly the description of Zxion as "a great shock absorber material) sound similar to the properties of Zylon.

I have the Adidas Duoforce which uses Zylon and it doesn't feel soft and numb. The Gosen Ryoga Shiden also uses Zylon and though I don't have it, based on reviews I have seen, it also has good solid feel.

Maybe it is nano fortify after all ?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    I wonder if Zxion is similar to Zylon which is being used in other racquets ? They certainly seem similar enough, both being Liquid Crystalline fiber and has high tensile strength. Zylon was even used in protective vest before it was decertified. Certainly the description of Zxion as "a great shock absorber material) sound similar to the properties of Zylon.

I have the Adidas Duoforce which uses Zylon and it doesn't feel soft and numb. The Gosen Ryoga Shiden also uses Zylon and though I don't have it, based on reviews I have seen, it also has good solid feel.

Maybe it is nano fortify after all ?
    I think you and Ch1k0 must be onto something about the nano fortify. Zylon and Zxion probably are the same or similar material. I have an Adipower Pro too, with Zylon, and the feel is just fine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Visor and Ch1k0:

I just want to confirm that your reviews for both the 8PS and 8ST are base on the 3U version of the rackets?
    Yah, 3U. For BS and JS series, 4U is not meaty enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received my jetspeed 8ps =) Tomorrow, I will send it out for stringing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock86 View Post
    I just received my jetspeed 8ps =) Tomorrow, I will send it out for stringing.
    Remember : 1 lb more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Remember : 1 lb more.
    Thanks for the tip =)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    what i don't understand though, is how victor rates the ps as balanced and st as head light, when in fact they are slightly head heavy and balanced respectively...
    Unless I'm mistaken, you've only ordered the 8PS right? If so, how can you judge the 8ST as being slightly head heavy and balanced respectively?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, you've only ordered the 8PS right? If so, how can you judge the 8ST as being slightly head heavy and balanced respectively?
    because i got eric to weigh and bp both of them

ps is bp 290mm with handle wrap, ie 295mm dry
    st is bp 285mm with handle wrap, ie 290 dry

and in my books and extensive experience with many rackets, 295 is not balanced, and 290 is not head light...

even on the first swing, i can tell...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor isn't wrong. I have both and that's why I recommended BS 12 users go for the ST and BS 11 users go for the 8PS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My colleague and I got JS 8PS (4U, 86g and 3U 88g). Presently, both rackets have been sent to my favourite stringer to string so I will collect them on sat. Based on dry weight swinging, the 3U racket feels a lot heavier than the 4U racket. Just a difference of 2g, it felt a world apart. Comparing the swing speed of the 4U racket, it felt alot like my present mx Jjs. Hahaha... Now I am feeling little regret not getting the 86g racket.

For all bros who have wondering if JS 8PS is even balance or light head, I am assure that you all that it is not. To me, it is head heavy and rather stiff but I like it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah don't worry about it warlock. I had the exact same initial feeling when I first got my 3U 88g. But in game you really can feel the difference. The 8PS will beat the JJS in the speed game :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    Ah don't worry about it warlock. I had the exact same initial feeling when I first got my 3U 88g. But in game you really can feel the difference. The 8PS will beat the JJS in the speed game :P
    Sure thing, I need to play with it to appreciate the goodness of this beauty =)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news!

My Jetspeeds have arrived! Yes, both 8PS and ST are now with me. I'll be stringing then this weekend at M24 X26 lbs tension and look forward to begin testing next Monday.

I also received TK7000S, TK600 and a new Lightfighter 7350. Can't wait to get into these beauties.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Fully expecting your 5 star category to be crowded!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock86 View Post
    Sure thing, I need to play with it to appreciate the goodness of this beauty =)
    Don't worry, the slightly whippy shaft of the 3u 8PS is much more user friendly than the 4u JJS. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the amount of speed and power over the JJS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Good news!

My Jetspeeds have arrived! Yes, both 8PS and ST are now with me. I'll be stringing then this weekend at M24 X26 lbs tension and look forward to begin testing next Monday.

I also received TK7000S, TK600 and a new Lightfighter 7350. Can't wait to get into these beauties.

Paul
    Whats the specs of the Lightfighter 7350?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7350 specs as follows.

Head weight 4/5
    Shaft flex 2/5

Paul

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast