User Tag List

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing wrong with going from head heavy to head light if your skills are up to the challenge. However if you do change to a jet speed from a thruster you will possibly experience problems with getting the timing of the racket because the frame is much faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1k0 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with going from head heavy to head light if your skills are up to the challenge. However if you do change to a jet speed from a thruster you will possibly experience problems with getting the timing of the racket because the frame is much faster.
    Certainly. I am in the midst of improving my forehand stroke. It's rather difficult to correct a low contact pt. after a few years, but I am trying. I think a lighter racket will allow me to attain a higher contact (without too much timing) due to the difference in mass. Do you think this is a good choice? If not, do you have any recommendations? Perhaps the BS12?
    Last edited by sraoo; 03-01-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the BS 12 would be a better choice for singles..I find it has just that bit more sting than the ST. Plus I find it has a much better livelier feel which is more advantageous for the tactical placement in singles games.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS12 doesn't really have the effortless punch needed for Singles. If you have super fast hands you might be able to get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Well, you have to realize between Ch1k0 and me, we have owned and tested a bucket load of rackets. Yeah, I know, so we're racket whores, but we're speaking from experience.

Plus we're not saying as if the muted feel is a fact, just our experience with it. But we do want to caution potential buyers that this may be what they could feel. They should test drive a friend's racket first. Just so that there are no surprises to them, like how we were surprised...

Anyways, to me the difference is like going from ZM62 or BG66UM at 22x24 lbs to BG65 at 22x24 lbs. For some players, the loss in feel and accuracy won't matter as much, but for some like me who are more tactical and counter attacking who need to use every inch of the court and to place shots accurately just over the tape or just within the lines, it significantly affects our game.
    I'm not belittling your experience at all - I find your reviews balanced and very fair. I'm simply warning people against going "OMG! It's 'muted'!! I couldn't possibly like it!" etc.. I know people jump to conclusions.

It's good that you've thrown in the 'string' comparison so people can get an idea of the scale of the damping you're experiencing. Myself, I found that for example the MX80 sucked with BG80 and was better with a medium feeling string, and enjoyed it (as much as I was going to enjoy it) with Ultimax. I know that some people don't advocate matching the racket to the string(ing) but I think it's a good idea.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    It's good that you've thrown in the 'string' comparison so people can get an idea of the scale of the damping you're experiencing. Myself, I found that for example the MX80 sucked with BG80 and was better with a medium feeling string, and enjoyed it (as much as I was going to enjoy it) with Ultimax. I know that some people don't advocate matching the racket to the string(ing) but I think it's a good idea.
    Yep, if the higher tension zm62 doesn't get better feel, then it's bg80 next for this 8P(O)S ...
    Last edited by visor; 03-02-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey can any of you guys compare the head shape of the JS to that of a BS or MX?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's just like any isometric.
    Last edited by visor; 03-02-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe a pics of those racket overlap with one another

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    It's just like any isometric.
    Aww.. please don't say that. There are slight differences between the iso-heads that can make or break a racquet.

I get a bit anal with this sort of thing as I'm a structural engineer but essentially not all isometric heads are the same and sometimes combining these differences with different frame sections can have a profound effect on the racquet.

Take the Arc10 and the Arc8DX, on paper they look very similar and at a glance they look the same (apart from the paintwork). Even the frame sectional shape is essentially the same. But play with them and they can't be more different. The Arc10 has a longer slightly slimmer head shape whereas the Arc8DX has a wider, shorter head. This makes the sweetspot of the 8DX quite central and wide whereas the 10's sweetspot is quite low with poor upper frame stability.

Back to topic though, why am I seeing so many JS's in the sale section? Have Victor made a big mistake discontinuing the BS series?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Back to topic though, why am I seeing so many JS's in the sale section? Have Victor made a big mistake discontinuing the BS series?
    To me they have x( I still much rather go back to my BS 12s. I can still generate better power with them. But bear in mind I do still hit harder and play better with the MX JJS and 80 as well so it's not just restricted to my favourite 12s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor... our brother Ch1k0 has forsaken us while we kept our 8PS so dearly to our own. Hahahahah... Anyway, I am just pulling your leg. I do admit that my MX gives me more power too. Jetspeed 8PS will only suffice as my mistress for the start of the game. If I need to get serious, I will switch back to my MX 90 :P

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me they have x( I still much rather go back to my BS 12s. I can still generate better power with them. But bear in mind I do still hit harder and play better with the MX JJS and 80 as well so it's not just restricted to my favourite 12s.
    Hmm... may be I should stock up on my favourite BS11 then.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warlock you meanie ); I can't help it. I'm addicted to feel D;

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock86 View Post
    Visor... our brother Ch1k0 has forsaken us while we kept our 8PS so dearly to our own. Hahahahah... Anyway, I am just pulling your leg. I do admit that my MX gives me more power too. Jetspeed 8PS will only suffice as my mistress for the start of the game. If I need to get serious, I will switch back to my MX 90 :P
    Haha... Hmmm, now you get me interested in the 90. How's it compared to your JJS?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Aww.. please don't say that. There are slight differences between the iso-heads that can make or break a racquet.

I get a bit anal with this sort of thing as I'm a structural engineer but essentially not all isometric heads are the same and sometimes combining these differences with different frame sections can have a profound effect on the racquet.

Take the Arc10 and the Arc8DX, on paper they look very similar and at a glance they look the same (apart from the paintwork). Even the frame sectional shape is essentially the same. But play with them and they can't be more different. The Arc10 has a longer slightly slimmer head shape whereas the Arc8DX has a wider, shorter head. This makes the sweetspot of the 8DX quite central and wide whereas the 10's sweetspot is quite low with poor upper frame stability.
    Hmmm... Good to have someone with an eye for it on board. But maybe you've got higher ratio of cross tension on the Arc 10?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Warlock you meanie ); I can't help it. I'm addicted to feel D;
    And unfortunately so am I.

Will see how the P(O)S feels with another pound higher tension when I pick it up tonight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope it turns out well for you! I know I gave up

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast