User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to put the BS12 in the disappointing rackets. I know my limitations so it is rare that I blame a racket and not myself...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion B2 12 blue, and 12N is a quite good average racket. Good for doubles..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a long line of racket testing..... here's my deceiving 5.....

5) N90 - I love using stiff rackets. That said, this one though makes "stiff" looks like a walk in the park - used it for one badminton session, and my arm was totally "paralyzed" the next day. Never touched it again after that.

4) VT80 - Tried all 3 versions. Hated the Limited, as it felt too "soft" (even with 80 Power string!). OK with the normal and PG versions. Too bad though it was head heavy. REALLY head heavy - more than I have ever imagined.

3) Z-Slash TH - Faster? Check. Quicker? Check. More frame hits? Wait, they didn't mentioned that?

2) N70 - Touted by some as "Li Ning's Arc 10". Used one game, realized it feels more like "Arcsaber 001".

1) BS LYD (Gen 1 and 2) - Heavy heavy racket? Sure? I can't even generate any power with either one of the rackets. Shots flew half court most of the time even how hard I hit them, and smashes was "non-existant". Now I know the reason why LYD never sticked to this racket.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait , i thought BS12 are good rackets......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    In a long line of racket testing..... here's my deceiving 5..... 5) N90 - I love using stiff rackets. That said, this one though makes "stiff" looks like a walk in the park - used it for one badminton session, and my arm was totally "paralyzed" the next day. Never touched it again after that.4) VT80 - Tried all 3 versions. Hated the Limited, as it felt too "soft" (even with 80 Power string!). OK with the normal and PG versions. Too bad though it was head heavy. REALLY head heavy - more than I have ever imagined.3) Z-Slash TH - Faster? Check. Quicker? Check. More frame hits? Wait, they didn't mentioned that?2) N70 - Touted by some as "Li Ning's Arc 10". Used one game, realized it feels more like "Arcsaber 001".1) BS LYD (Gen 1 and 2) - Heavy heavy racket? Sure? I can't even generate any power with either one of the rackets. Shots flew half court most of the time even how hard I hit them, and smashes was "non-existant". Now I know the reason why LYD never sticked to this racket.
    It seems that i have a quite special gesture because everybody who tried BS LYD think that there is nothing special about it but for me it's the best racket i've tried so far and it's the one that gives me the most power. (racket used recently : BS12, BS LHI, MX70, MX JJS, RKEP XP70, revelation, PPro, TK8000).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh! what a fun topic!
    for me (in no particular order)

- Yonex Arc8DX - Bad - not saying it was a failure, but after reading many positive reviews, I grabbed this as an upgrade to my MP100, and it just didn't turn my world upside down. I went back to the MP100 within a month and sold the Arc8DX. Just couldn't play as well with this thing... many of my returns ended up in a kill shot for the opponent. it did have a ton of punch though. just to re-iterate, not a terrible racket, but I was expecting greatness and didn't get it

- MXJJS - Good - yes, i realize this one's been touted a lot so far, but boy oh boy is this racket cool. bought it for the paint job (yes, i love orange), figured it'd be another Zforce-like singles style hammer of a racket, but that was a wrong assumption. it's fast, powerful, defense is good, balanced well for me, and now it's one of my go tos. Does everything so very well.

- Yonex Isometric 97VF - Good - Oldie but such a goodie. I've never had such good control from a racket before. most people associate isometric line with "meh", but this one had pinpoint accuracy. broke it when i strung it at too high of a string tension *wistful sigh*

- Victor BS12 - bad then good! - didn't like it at first. figured i just like my stiff rackets after all... for some reason unknown to me, picked it up again, and yowza. had the time of my life with this thing. among the fastest rackets i've used. never fails to bring an entertaining session. i could hit with this one all day long.

- Voltric 9 - Bad - so i figured "hey, voltric line seems to be doing well, this could very well be a budget VT80".... something is wrong with this racket, after a few sessions with this thing, every following day, my shoulder felt like it had been hit by a bus. playing with it was ok, nothing spectacular, nothing terrible, but boy, it feels like it caused my bodily harm to use it.

- Nanoray 100 - good - bday present of the year - 27lb tension limit, dx stringing pattern, all in a budget racket? color me interested at the very least. plays really well... feels very nice. not quite NS9900 nice, but I'd say it could come pretty darn close. responds best if you have good wrist technique. thought i was done with Yonex budget rackets after the VT9, but this one is really a pleasure to use.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great input!

I got a racket that decieved me
    Voltric Z Force
    Tried it , and was dissapointed .
    I hardly cant produce any power with it , seems like the Arc10 is doing more.
    It was fairly light , but you can feel headheaviness in it . I remember my old rackets.
    I had lot of mistimings the first time i hit with it. And even when i did , it didnt even came with power.
    SUPER EXTREME racket , dont get it yet.
    But im still in intermediate level so i know.....
    Gonna try this again after a few months.....
    Probably when ZForce II comes.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly speaking for MX 80 is the stiffest racket of all victor range, u need to be really advance player, strong wraist to play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rackets don't make the shots, the PLAYER does!!!
    That's why all of u had been dissappointed w/ yr rackets. Get the heaviest swinging rackets u can handle w/ yr fitness and skills. When u are a bit tired, change to a slightly lighter racket to compensate, but adjust yr game/timings accordingly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna say this once,JUST ONCE :
    The only racket that deceived me is the Arc11th which to me is too bloody sticky on the string bed(too much power sacrificed to improve the control characteristic). I had a try with my friend's arc11th JP strung at 32x34 which turns out to be fine for me but when i bought myself a sp arc11th,restrung it to only 28lbs...IT SUCKS! EVEN WITH THE 66UM it still feel like the shuttle stick to the string bed for too bloody long and i cant use it(well i am a hh racket user)....
    so far that's the only racket i got so mad and disappointed with,despite the immaculate paintjob.
    below are the some rackets which i dun really like them :
    TK8000 3U ONLY - too heavy that i as a hh racket player found it really really hard to use it! (used n90,n90ii,zforce,vt80ltd 3u for doubles)
    voltric 80 4u - i have no idea how this happened to the 4u version which the shaft of the 4u vt80 was so damn shaky and unstable after every shot despite it's very repulsive where the 3u ltd turns out to be great for me.
    bs12 - probably because of me sticking myself too long with HH racket,i find this bs12 to be very light and fast which i dun really like cause even though the shuttle doesnt stay long on the string bed and very good impact feel,the shot it made is not as stable as LYD,bs10 and bs11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me there is only one:

Arc10 - Completely not the right racket for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Z-Force, every review i read told me how hard it was to use but it was one of the easiest head heavy racket i've used. Glad I bought one

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i enjoy all different kinds of rackets with different specs because i collect them. that said, there is still one that i frown upon, Arc10...and yet i'm stupid enough to have gotten three copies of it. bought the 2u when it first came out, way stupid heavy for my weak arm to play with. then a few years later when i heard it will be discontinued, i bought a 3u, much better but no matter what string i put on that racket it is still dull to me. then when i found out that my idol Peter Gade was retiring i bought the arc10pg ltd. actually, the peter gade limited with bg70pro felt good in singles....hmm.......
    restrung the regular arc10 3u with zymax 67 and played with it yesterday and it still felt dull compared to the same strings on my forza z forze at same tension of 24x26.

sorry for the rant, here is my top five

1. Yonex Arcsaber 10, too dull, does not communicate well
    2. Gosen MiracleLight 50, tho head heavy, too light and actually too flexible
    3. Carlton Ignite Rapid, too dull, worst than the Arc10
    4. Yonex Nanoray 20, too dull, no communication even with vs850 string, so little vibration
    5. Li Ning N90, too heavy for me, great training racket but i can barely play a game of singles
    6. Black Knight PowerRay 35 & 45, i just hated the grips and ugly paint jobs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at the Black Knight , they should really put effort in their paintjobs..... seriously

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4