KANG Jun / LIU Cheng

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Nov 10, 2013.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    A new MD pair from China. I found a video of them playing against Setiawan/Ahsan. Anyone got any extra information on them?

20130921_1522_japanopen2013_raph0178.jpg

[video=youtube;z7RqdJOoqZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7RqdJOoqZQ[/video]

2. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udqtB-nuqDc

Just watched their dominant victory over Hoon and Tan in the recent Korea Open. I was very impressed by their play. They played a very controlled match, limited unforced errors, had lots of variety (drop shots, smashes, pushes, drives).

Kang Jun is very well-rounded, can play from all areas of the court. Liu Cheng is very powerful and has a great smash. Maybe his weakness is that his lateral movement is a bit slow.

3. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I have just watched their match against the top Singapore doubles pair and they are impressive. They play more like the SEA pairs, fast and aggressive, but what is great about them is they are innovative as well. Lovely to watch and an exciting new doubles pair for China. I hope they will be appearing in future tournaments.
    I wonder why we havent see them lately?

4. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Watched Liu Cheng's XD matches paired with Bao Yixin the last three days in Ballerup arena. I must say he had the most beautiful and powerful jump smash among all the players there. He's a tall man plus a great leap in the air and a lightening fast arm swing. All seemed to be perfectly tailored to produce a great jump smasher.