Training in South Korea, Seoul

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by Fabien913, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Fabien913

Fabien913 New Member

Student
    Hello everyone,

I'm a French badminton player and I'm 22 years old.

As part of my course, I will live in Seoul from late February to late June 2014 (4 months). I will study in Korea University.

I chose Seoul for many reasons but especially to play with Koreans people and improve quickly in badminton through intense training. My goal (also a dream) is to integrate a badminton club or association (independent or in the university) for this period.

Do you think a stranger like me can play badminton out there (training) ? If yes, how does it work, do I have to subscribe to an independent badminton club or a badminton association in the Korea University ?

If you have any information about badminton in Seoul or about South Korea (not only badminton but living out there) feel free to contact me on fabien.cherbourg@gmail.com or add me on facebook, my name is : Fabien Chbg

Thanks a lot and have a good weekend.

2. event

event Regular Member

I don't know of any way you could actually train with any kind of team. You can certainly try joining a club while you're there and you can play in such a situation. You can also take lessons. The last time I tried this, I paid 100,000won a month and that got me 3 times a week, working in with 2 or 3 other learners in a lesson that took about 40 minutes to an hour, so you rest - and stack shuttles - while the other trainees do their drills. Most recreational players do the lesson and then play games for another hour or two. Singles is basically illegal for recreational players in Korea so forget that unless you can find other young people who are keen on it and you go to a gym at off-peak hours. I don't know about a group at Korea U. but you could try getting a classmate to contact the B&S group (these online 'cafes' tend to be difficult for aliens to access), which is an online group of students who play. They have a lot of friendly people and very good players.

3. jasparyu

jasparyu New Member

Fabien913, I'm a foreign exchange student living in Seoul from Feb to June 2014 too. Looking for a decent badminton club to join as well. Let me know if you find any.

4. serg22

serg22 Regular Member

hello. how did you get on with your search? I will be visiting Seoul in Sept/Oct this year and also looking for training. Any ideas?
    best
    Sergio

5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Regular Member

Usa
    Training in South Korea Seoul

and yeah see a little bit of the city of course. The night of Seoul is amazing. Ah, and the exquisite food of South Korea, try something spicy