Need advice please.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by motoss, Jan 29, 2004.

1. motoss

motoss Regular Member

I’m looking at purchasing a new racquet and after doing some research I think I have decided on the Cab20. I currently own 8100 light which has good control but is low on power. I am looking for a racquet with more power without sacrificing control. I live in Toronto Canada so if I was to purchase this racquet it would have to be the 2U version which is heaver than my current 3U 8100. I would rate myself as an intermediate player and was thinking based on the rating and the feedback from others the Cab20 might be the racquet for me. I understand that the only way to determine what is right for me is to try out different racquets however unfortunately I do not have that luxury of doing this other then picking up a unstrung racquet and the store and swinging it around! In addition, what stings should I be looking for based on a nice balance of power and control? Does any one know where I can purchase this racquet in the Toronto area for a decent price? I have heard of lee’s and Yo’s but are there any others. BTW where is Yo’s located? Time square in Markham? Does any one know there phone number?

Thanks in advance for you help!:)

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lee's carrying this racket? I thought this racket only available in Asian market. If this is the case, then, u might even don't have the chance to swing the unstrung ones.

Is that possible to borrow one from ur friends in local club to test it out? The advantage for Lee's, is they have their gym/club as well. If they do have a demo racket, I think u might consider to ask for the demo to do several drills right in front of them. Same theory apply for any other rackets might interest u.

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

their demo racquets are all unstrung so you cannot demo them...

4. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    I think Lee's lets you demo a racquet for a fee, and if you do decide to purchase that racquet at a later point in time, you get that as a credit towards the racquet.

5. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    Motoss,

I had a Cab20 for 17 years, its an excellent racquet, used as a benchmark almost everywhere. Recently, I broke it after a clash with a partner's racquet. No fault of the Cab20, just after 17years of wear and tear, something's gotta give.

I was looking for a worthy replacement for my Cab20 which had set the standard for many years. After much research and consultation with many members on this forum, I got a Yonex MP99. I have never been happier! The MP99 offers much better handling and control, as well as much better smashing power. If you are looking for just one racquet that can do everything well, the MP99 is it. It will not score a perfect 10 in handling, feel, control or power, but its definitely is better than the Cab20 in those areas of performance. The price of the MP99 is more expensive than the Cab20, but the performance returns justifies the extra cash outlay, but it should not be more than US$60 difference.

:D

6. motoss

motoss Regular Member

Thanks for your feedback guy's!

7. motoss

motoss Regular Member

As for lee's and Yo's can you bargin with them as far as the price is concerned? Anyone have any experice with either one?

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just checked Lee's site. Seems they have Cab20 Muscle, but NOT Cab20... :eek:

9. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

i'v eenver tried bargening, but if you want to do that then do it with Jen is in... i'm not sure if the other staff has the authority to lower prices by much

10. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    actually i had the same problem with my light racquet "yonex iso 90" and i moved on to ti-10 which gives me much more power and adequate control