User Tag List

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 810
  1. #222
    Regular Member TeddyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When first bought a 4u TK-9ooo, found it too stiff n hard to generate power n unresponsive to ctrl. Could only admire its gd looks then. Had it for two mths now. In between, did experiment with strings at various tensions.

    Just last night, first time testing TK-9ooo with ZyMax65 @26/27 lbs. To my surprise, the dull racket has become alive. It is more responsive n easier to generate power.

    Last nite was the first time experiencing TK-9ooo playing better than my usual 4u TK-6ooo (strung the same). Don't know if it's just me or the 0.65mm ZyMax string. Smash, drive, net play...everything just seems better, if not the same, as compared to TK-6ooo.

    This is purely personal experience n opinion. Won't b far off to say TK-9ooo will replace TK-6ooo as my goto soon...
    ( ●.●)

  2. #223
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,729
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    This is purely personal experience n opinion. Won't b far off to say TK-9ooo will replace TK-6ooo as my goto soon...
    We're going to see this sentiment a lot in the coming weeks, I think...

  3. #224
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just heard tonight that the guy I leant my TK9000 to has ordered one. That's 4 in a row!

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  4. #225
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,729
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I just heard tonight that the guy I leant my TK9000 to has ordered one. That's 4 in a row!

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    You'd better get yours before there's none left.

  5. #226
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Has anyone tried both the 3U and 4U versions? I'm wondering how much different they feel? I've got a 3U version and finding it a bit heavy especially in driving. Although that's probably to be expected given i normally play with a brave sword 9 or 10.

  6. #227
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alexrider

    Why on earth choose a 3u? You obviously imported it so where did you buy it from.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  7. #228
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    impulse buy on the forums here it was so pretty!

  8. #229
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    When first bought a 4u TK-9ooo, found it too stiff n hard to generate power n unresponsive to ctrl. Could only admire its gd looks then. Had it for two mths now. In between, did experiment with strings at various tensions.

    Just last night, first time testing TK-9ooo with ZyMax65 @26/27 lbs. To my surprise, the dull racket has become alive. It is more responsive n easier to generate power.

    Last nite was the first time experiencing TK-9ooo playing better than my usual 4u TK-6ooo (strung the same). Don't know if it's just me or the 0.65mm ZyMax string. Smash, drive, net play...everything just seems better, if not the same, as compared to TK-6ooo.

    This is purely personal experience n opinion. Won't b far off to say TK-9ooo will replace TK-6ooo as my goto soon...
    ( ●.●)
    on the opposite side, I still prefer my TK6000 (3U) compare to the Tk9000 (3U).

  9. #230
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shinichi

    And that is fine. Not every player will like the stiffer TK9000.


    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  10. #231
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,114
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    would you guys say 4u tk9000 is good for singles compared to some victor 3u offerings like JJS/mx60?

  11. #232
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    amleto

    I still struggle to understand why players have to label a racket singles or doubles. You should select a racket based on how it feels and your ability to play your shots.

    Of course TK9000 can be used for singles.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  12. #233
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,114
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't understand. I'm not labelling anything, or suggesting that tk9000 might be 'unusable' for singles. I'm asking how adept the 4U racket is when put in the context of a singles game and compared to other 3U rackets.

    You should select a racket based on how it feels and your ability to play your shots.
    And since one will play different shots in singles vs doubles it's perfectly reasonable to seek a comparison in a specific context. If you never/rarely get into flat exchanges in singles then why care about (or at least prioritise) ability to perform that shot?

    With that in mind I'm wondering if a 4u racket gives up too much compared to a similarly balanced 3u.

  13. #234
    Regular Member arfandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    China, Thailand, & Indonesia
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sincerely miss the time when choosing racket was so much simpler! it's either famous Yonex Carbonex series with T-joint available only in 2U or other brands. NO option for weight, color, stiffness, materials, technology, head-shape, grip size, length, BP, etc. it was either buy or leave it.

  14. #235
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,140
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amleto

    Maybe it's me misunderstanding as I receive so many emails per week asking me to tell them which racket they should play with.

    I don't have the luxury of testing two versions of any racket but I would expect 4U would be a perfectly good racket for any event. With singles there is still the requirement for fast reflexes in defence so the lighter version may prove to be a better alternative.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  15. #236
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,294
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Paul,

    When you get a chance, can you please measure the weight and BP of both TK9000 and TK6000, preferably without strings and definitely no overgrip... Tks!

  16. #237
    Regular Member TeddyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps I could help

    ◆ TK-6ooo: 85.4g dry ; 302mm wet
    ◆ TK-6ooo: 83.4g dry ; 297mm wet
    ◆ TK-9ooo: 82.4g dry ; 302mm wet

    All rackets:
    . 4u g5
    . ZM65 @26/27 lbs
    . Plastic wrap removed
    . Original grip intact
    . Overgrip: RKEP G10
    Last edited by TeddyC; 04-10-2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: missed out something

  17. #238
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    10,294
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    Perhaps I could help

    ◆ TK-6ooo: 85.4g dry ; 302mm wet
    ◆ TK-6ooo: 83.4g dry ; 297mm wet
    ◆ TK-9ooo: 82.4g dry ; 302mm wet

    All rackets:
    . 4u g5
    . ZM65 @26/27 lbs
    . Plastic wrap removed
    . Original grip intact
    . Overgrip: RKEP G10
    Oooh... Very nice specs for TK9000. Do you have the head weight by any chance?

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •