User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Upgrading from my old NS7000

I enjoy my NS7000 as it complements my precise placement and tactical style of play and i don't feel burdened by any lack of power. Though I am lead to believe from reviews that it is greatly inferior to the NS9900 I have never played with that racket.

What I need now is a decent and similar upgrade, and I come to the community inquiring whether those of you who inhabit the same niche as me have some experience with the latest models. I am interested in the Nanoray series as the spiritual successors from the Nanospeed range, though I am not a Yonex or nothing player given suitable alternatives.

My NS7000 was a 3U model,I'm unsure if I would want to go lighter but certainly not heavier.

Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would advise you to grab some demo rackets and give some more head heavy rackets a good test so you can confirm your theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demo rackets are like gold dust from what I can tell. I also own an Armotec 900p: It never clicked with me and just leaves me feeling sluggish and for the undoubtable extra power it lends me it just doesn't do it for me like my Nanospeed.

I try to have a swing of my friends rackets when I can, I have tried the Arcsaber Flash Boost which felt quite handy in the small time I had with it but crazy light, not sure whether it would be a draining racket to use for long periods of time. I am trying out the Arcsaber 11 next week for a game or so which i understand to be medium balance.

I failed to mention that I am a doubles player with an all-around/defensive style of play, I have been playing for almost a decade (scary to realise that!) on and off.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arc 11 is a good middle ground between the 900p and the ns7000 - you should definitely have a clearer idea after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you amleto for your advice you are right that its worth trying as many rackets as you can to get the right fit maybe i have categorised myself without trying the full spectrum. I think that this will be a common problem however for the majority of intermediate players without access to good badminton shops or stacks of money.

Ill update after testing the arc 11.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i believe you can still order ns9900 or even ns9000 from some websites of stores in HK. maybe i am very insensitive, but as far as i know, the technology itself doesn't make a "huge" difference, at least in my hands so if you must have a newer version of yonex head light racket, nanoray could be the way to go, but for some reason a lot of nanoray rackets are absolutely not head light. nr300 is even balance, nr800 is even balance to head heavy. closest nanoray i have that is head light are the 700s, both RP and FX are head light with one stiffer than the other. i don't have the other ones so i can't comment on them.

victor bravesword could be a good alternative if you want a quick frame.

not sure how accessible it is for you to get carlton rackets but some of the rackets in the vapour trail series are head light and quick like the Vanquish.