Adidas Adipower Force

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by elado249, Nov 15, 2013.

1. elado249

elado249 New Member

Engineer
    Been hearing a lot of Adidas rackets in this 6 months, so decided to find one and try. Had to choose between Adizero Pro, Duoforce and Force, lastly decided to buy the Force since cannot find any thread or review on them, its a gamble. The Adidas Adipower Force is the top of the line of Adi Badminton and its the heaviest with mine 92g. The color red & yellow combination was such a downer for me but the simplicity of the design with the Adi trademark 3 stripes was the scorer. I have strung it using Adidas Adipower Pro 0.66mm with 27lbs and applied just an overgrip. When I first testing it, the very 1st lob to the rear court, I was shocked with the easiness/effortless stroke. The racket was actually felt great in my hand, with the great sound when hitting the shuttle, it was actually very very good racket. Smashing was great. Drop and net were also great. When in defence, yes it was a bit slow but it was an ok for me (All of these felt when I played doubles). I have used a lot of top racket (VTZF,NRZS,N90,N90ii,N50ii,N55ii,N9,C7,V LYD etc), but i must say, the Adidas was such a crisp,lively & exciting racket to use. The other rackets needed me to spend more time to adapt but for adidas,no. I can play comfortably on the very 1st session. From my opinion, the main parts of the racket that have contributed this were the shaft technology and the weight of the racket. But the finishing (product) quality was a bit lacking, especially the grommet. It looked like a cheap ones and when i strung, it was badly damaged by the string. Adidas should put more effort on the finishing next time.

2. Richard604

Richard604 New Member

Government Worker
    That is great news. I was using Yonex VT80 LTD and switched over to Adidas Duoforce. I was also surprised how light it was. It is quite precise and much easier to use than the VT80. I get a lot more control and better smashes but I don't get power and speed as I do my VT80. I was wondering about your experience. How are the drop shots? Smashing? Clears and nets. Control? Would you recommend it a person to move up from Duoforce to Force? I love my duoforce and I am getting better shots with it (control with consistence)

cheers

3. elado249

elado249 New Member

Engineer
    I haven't tried the VT80 (but I have owned & tried VTZF 3u before) but I do personally think the drops, clears, nets and smashes are great. Duoforce is good for double or single, and the Force is mainly for single since it is heavy (mine is 92g). You can have a complete control using it. Now I am happy using it & have been using it regularly

4. visor

visor Regular Member

how can you even compare the two? there's a bp difference of almost 3cm!!!! :eek:

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Indeed, the Force and Duoforce are on the opposite end of the spectrum for the Adipower series.
    On a sidenote: Kwun's sample Duoforce @ 287mm 87gr. was on the very edge of the spec range of 89g +/- 2g with a balance point of 283mm +/- 3mm. For comparison: VT80 has a balance point of around 305mm so yeah it is more than natural for the Duoforce to feel much lighter compared to a VT80LTD ... Adipower Force must be like a 2U VT80 to carry around.

Plus: this thread would look better with user pics ;)!

#5 demolidor, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. Richard604

Richard604 New Member

Government Worker
    Wow. Thanks guys for the the additional info. I didn't realize how important B.P is. I just did some researching and damn....balance point makes a huge different. A 2u VT80 would be too heavy for me.

Thanks guys for educating me about the balance point. I was totally clueless about that.

7. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    I have ordered this one after using the AdiPower Pro for about two years. I'm quite curious about it as there are so little reviews on this racket.

I fell totally in love with the Adipower Pro, but now my rackets have some minor damage (chips) and even though they probably will last a while I thought it was time to order a new one just to be sure. As I play singles a lot and I'm quite used to head heavier rackets I thought it would be worth a gamble to try out this slightly headheavier weapon.
    Unfortunately I won't be able to restring it until a tournament in a couple of weeks (well, I could get it done earlier, but the closest decent stringer is 50km away and asks about 20 euros per racket while I have about 4 that need restringing, that hurts in the wallet). So I hope that the factory stringing is already quite nice and not to loose (I'm usually around 24 pounds).