Frustrating...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tropicalmouse, Feb 1, 2004.

1. tropicalmouse

tropicalmouse Regular Member

Student
    The tension in my string (bg 65 at 20lbs) has lost significant tension after only 10 or so hours of play :/

why is this (the possibilities)? i thought it's supposed to last for a long time? and it's only strung at 20 lbs!

edit: is it because i am extremely powerful?

#1 tropicalmouse, Feb 1, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Negative. It took you too long:p

#2 cooler, Feb 1, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  3. Traum

Traum Regular Member

You mentioned that a lot of the tension has been lost after about 10 hours of play, but how long ago was the racquet strung?

Another guess is that the stringer didn't do the best possible job. Is this the first time you have him string a racquet for you?

-Rick

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    BG65 is known for losing tension faster than most other string. I used to string 1 racket for a friend @ 21*23. For some reason, he did nto show up until 3 weeks later. Even though, i never used his racket, i can tell it lost significant amount of tension (1-2lb? don't know exact). I asked him, if he needs me to re-do it, but he says it's fine, as it's not my fault.

So, how long ago u strung it? How hard u used it (like, hard smashing vs net drops, etc)? If u strung for quite a while (say, weeks) and playing many "power" games / drills with it, I won't be very surprised about the result.

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

My experience with BG-65Ti would suggest that it doesn't hold tension well either.
    I have a backup raquet with BG-65Ti in that I had to use last Friday because I had 2 sets of string break on me in a match, (not to be outdone, one of our opponents broke a frame). It was originally strung at 26lb (on a constant pull), and I hardly ever use it, but it felt like 20lb.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    How long ago the racket was strung?

BG65Ti is the 2nd most popular string I used for myself as well as others. Most time, this string will last me 2-3 months (@22*24lb) before I cut it. I play quite often, as about 10-15 hrs / wk. I did noticed the tension lost, but not like anywhere near this signifcant.

7. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That might be the main factor. Personally, never experience such long time except 1 racket with BG65. The string was way too loose and dead before I cut it.

But still, 6 lb??? Maybe also because of the temperature?

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When people say a string lasts quite a long time, it generally refers the time that the string remains unbroken whilst being used constantly in play.

The loss of tension is quite unsurprising for BG65. For me, I string it at higher tension to compensate for the loss of tension over time.