User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, the real problem when playing with a partner is NOT something as described above. A hit with the racket or the shuttle, well, that just happens as with anyone else. No concerns about that! You can forget that pretty fast and it doesn't affect your partnership.

The problematic things are much more subtle!! A wrong word here (e.g. after a bad shot) a wrong look there after disagreeing on tactics, THAT'S the real problems...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    Honestly, the real problem when playing with a partner is NOT something as described above. A hit with the racket or the shuttle, well, that just happens as with anyone else. No concerns about that! You can forget that pretty fast and it doesn't affect your partnership.

The problematic things are much more subtle!! A wrong word here (e.g. after a bad shot) a wrong look there after disagreeing on tactics, THAT'S the real problems...
    You have hit the nail right on the head! I suppose its the old adage that "familiarity breeds contempt".

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icepilot View Post
    You have hit the nail right on the head! I suppose its the old adage that "familiarity breeds contempt".
    Exactly.......

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wife picked up one of my spanking new racquets from my bag, went onto the court and the racquet came back with two paint chips....

well.. the racquet was out of production and it wasnt easy getting a "mint" brand new piece.. and poof!...

then again, i could have been pissed.. but i guess it wasnt worth it making either of us unhappy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH MY GOD, A PAINT CHIP.

INSTANT DIVORCE!!!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    my wife picked up one of my spanking new racquets from my bag, went onto the court and the racquet came back with two paint chips....

well.. the racquet was out of production and it wasnt easy getting a "mint" brand new piece.. and poof!...

then again, i could have been pissed.. but i guess it wasnt worth it making either of us unhappy
    that's why i have two copies of the nanospeed 9000s as far as she's concerned, if she breaks her racket, i will have to either find another copy for her, or an equivalent replacement but she's never touching my rackets!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post

Two paint chips on a racket sounds like a grounds for divorce ... to a guy. But think of what some gals have to put up with:

"I fell in love with a wonderful guy. We got married .... and poof!.... now he's gotten fat, won't hold the door for me anymore, and he's at the gym with his buddies while I'm taking out the trash.

Well... I guess I could find a new younger guy. But that'd be a lot of effort. Besides Brad Pitt is out of circulation.

I could be mad with my lot, but it's not worth making us both unhappy."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Two paint chips on a racket sounds like a grounds for divorce ... to a guy. But think of what some gals have to put up with:

"I fell in love with a wonderful guy. We got married .... and poof!.... now he's gotten fat, won't hold the door for me anymore, and he's at the gym with his buddies while I'm taking out the trash.

Well... I guess I could find a new younger guy. But that'd be a lot of effort. Besides Brad Pitt is out of circulation.

I could be mad with my lot, but it's not worth making us both unhappy."

that's why we go to the gym, to maintain our youth and not be fat! lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder why there is not even a single woman voicing her opinions, may be we have no female member.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think they (female members) took the high road and decided not to start drama while laughing at us as we speak?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this wife and husband have at least made it to the superseries finals...;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ejdQ...jofjJH&index=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, I was partnering with my wife, and we were on the attack and I happened to be the net player, standing at the service T-area. Her smash (from rear central area) was awry, hit the frame and half tumbled onto the opposition's T-area... whereby it promptly got pushed to the sidelines (just behind me).

She blamed me for not squaring up. But obviously from the time that the shuttle passed over my head (= I realized it was a weak shot), probably 0.5s has eclipsed only. How was I supposed to react, step back and assume defensive position to retrieve the shot... all within that period?

Some stern words were exchanged. And I made a conscious decision not to pair up again for the rest of this session.
    Last edited by axl886; 01-19-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Yes. It's in these gray situations that beginners don't understand the complexities of shot placement and body positioning. That's why I avoid partnering them if I want a good game.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    Today, I was partnering with my wife, and we were on the attack and I happened to be the net player, standing at the service T-area. Her smash (from rear central area) was awry, hit the frame and half tumbled onto the opposition's T-area... whereby it promptly got pushed to the sidelines (just behind me).

She blamed me for not squaring up. But obviously from the time that the shuttle passed over my head (= I realized it was a weak shot), probably 0.5s has eclipsed only. How was I supposed to react, step back and assume defensive position to retrieve the shot... all within that period?

Some stern words were exchanged. And I made a conscious decision not to pair up again for the rest of this session.
    haha. that happens.

"why didn't you get that shot?"

"erm, you just gave away a loose one above the net and they slammed it to the ground, now you are blaming me?"

yup. happened to me before.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    haha. that happens.

"erm, you just gave away a loose one above the net and they slammed it to the ground, now you are blaming me?"

I get told I argue with my ex-XD partner like she married couple. I don't argue with my wife - she doesn't play.

The number of times I've been shouted at for not defending an absolute sitter net kill, but when you set one up for her to get hit she doesn't like it... You should try it.

It's pointless arguing, from a "big smasher" who plays at the net as that was easier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    haha. that happens.

My word! You described exactly what happened Kwun.

Did you secretly come to SG, was playing in the same hall and withessed the whole exchange yesterday!?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    My word! You described exactly what happened Kwun.

Did you secretly come to SG, was playing in the same hall and withessed the whole exchange yesterday!?
    haha.

it happens all over the world, every day!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast