Training camps in europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NemChua, Nov 21, 2013.

1. NemChua

NemChua Regular Member

Engineering student
    Hello,

I am a french badminton player (actually asian :D)
    I play badminton since last year. I think i reached a good level for a one-year player but i would like to improve much more. Like much much more.
    I honestly think that i still have a beginner level:
    I can perform good clear shots and whatsoever but i have very awful footworks and awful techniques :( (This year i'm training with a coach and he just told me that the way i hit the shuttle was wrong... No one could correct me last year so i still make a lot of mistakes)
    So i am actually looking for a training camp somewhere around France (not too far since i don't have much money to travel.. :( )
    I would like it to be quite hardcore. I want to train my footworks a lot and my techniques too.

Thanks for your help

2. Subrat Prasad

Subrat Prasad New Member

+1, even I am looking for a badminton training camp anywhere in Europe. I email'd to PGA, but i am not very hopeful that i will get a response from them. However PGA would be my choice since they have 3 month program. I am going to contact TH and Banthongyord Badminton School in bangkok.

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Here is a list of training camps taking place in France: http://badiste.fr/liste-stage-badminton

Most are scheduled for summer and the list might be updated so keep an eye on it. The cheapest and I believe better alternative is to self-train physically and get a badminton coach locally.

- How? Create an evolutive off-court program scheduled for the long term and get +2 hours of coaching sessions focusing on technique exclusively per week (or more depending of your budget). Play friendly/practice matches during club time.

- Why? You might achieve better results (as for improving technique) on the long term this way VS a one week intensive training camp. The latter is fun but badminton coaching is usually tailored for small groups and it is coupled with intensive physical training. It's really great but it's hard to focus on one person problem for the coach and for the player to focus on his technique efficiently as it quickly become a physical battle day after day.

Yet the camp can be an amazing experience, you will learn new exercises, meet new players and it's really great to launch the preparation of the new season but it might be a bit less interesting if you actually want to focus, work and improve your technique. Or you can do both! :cool: