User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Interesting post.

But shouldn't that be higher SBS means faster smashes?
    I do not think so because a higher SBS generates less speed, because the springeffect of the stringbed is smaller.

It could be that stiffer shaft means faster smashes because, the more flexible the shaft the more difficult it will be to accelerate the racquet head.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stringtechno View Post
    I do not think so because a higher SBS generates less speed, because the springeffect of the stringbed is smaller.
    I suppose, but in my mind the optimal SBS is the one that perfectly times the stringbed rebound with the shuttle leaving the stringbed.

It could be that stiffer shaft means faster smashes because, the more flexible the shaft the more difficult it will be to accelerate the racquet head.
    But the lag of the head can be compensated for and actually made use of by using a whipping action. For example, Fu Haifeng uses mid flex rackets to devastating effect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose, but in my mind the optimal SBS is the one that perfectly times the stringbed rebound with the shuttle leaving the stringbed.
    This is certainly true, but this is an interaction, the sbs decides about the rebound. With a lower SBS the dwell time will be longer, so the contact between shuttle and strings is longer.

There will be a optimal SBS for every type of player.

It depends on the impact, a player who hits the shuttle very hard should have a higher SBS.
    But for a player who does not hit hard a high SBS works negative because he does not use the stretch-qualities of the string at all.

If the stringbed does not deflect, the string does not stretch and the player does not feel the qualities of the string.
    It is very important to chose the SBS first and then the string, the SBS determines what you feel of the string qualities.

Therefore we combine string qualities and SBS as shown on this route map for tennis.
    Name:  routemapmankl.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  17.5 KB
    http://www.stringway-nl.com/afbeeldi...UTEMAP MAN.jpg
    Last edited by stringtechno; 02-24-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stringtechno View Post
    This is certainly true, but this is an interaction, the sbs decides about the rebound. With a lower SBS the dwell time will be longer, so the contact between shuttle and strings is longer.

There will be a optimal SBS for every type of player.

It depends on the impact, a player who hits the shuttle very hard should have a higher SBS.
    But for a player who does not hit hard a high SBS works negative because he does not use the stretch-qualities of the string at all.

If the stringbed does not deflect, the string does not stretch and the player does not feel the qualities of the string.
    It is very important to chose the SBS first and then the string, the SBS determines what you feel of the string qualities.

Therefore we combine string qualities and SBS as shown on this route map for tennis.
    Name:  routemapmankl.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  17.5 KB
    http://www.stringway-nl.com/afbeeldi...UTEMAP MAN.jpg
    This.

I don't think lower SBS translates into faster smashes. I think it translates into more rebound, but less energy transfer. A beginner player will have better smashes with a lower SBS and a pro player will have better smashes with a higher SBS. A pro player playing with a lower SBS string will not be able to smash as hard because there will be less energy transfered into the shuttle.

The better your swing is and the more strength you have, the more you'll like your strings to be tight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Yan,

Excuse me, you and Visor are right concerning the higher SBS and the smash.

Because the speed of the shuttle is zero there is no “spring-back” effect, it is like a service with tennis which is faster with a high sbs and stiff frame.
    A very powerful player certainly needs a stiffer stringbed to transfer all his energy into the shuttle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3