User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A repainted Z-force that looks like an arc saber FB?

Name:  5aAGZ8Q.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  114.1 KB

any opinions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not a repainted ZForce... it is a FB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there was a post somewhere where a member here(I think Paul Stewart if I remember correctly) asked a stringer about CM's racket during All England? I think and the stringer said his racket is definitely not a FB and a repainted ZForce...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be so misleading

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mogensen's racket in the pic is 100% not a ZF, just look at the head shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's a fb paintjob but the spec is totally different than the consumer use 1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    That's not a repainted ZForce... it is a FB.
    well.. that was what i thought so too.. the image is from all englands and it got me curious because i read this from a supposed authoritative and accurate source of information

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    For the record, I spoke with stringers at All Englands and they confirmed Mogensen was using a painted Z Force was definitely NOT playing with FB.

Jetspeed will be available in Europe next year but I doubt we will even have samples this side of Xmas. All new rackets and equipment is due to arrive in February in time for German Open and All Englands.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

painting a zforce to mislead others, would suggest the questionability on the integrity of the company... yonex should clarify on this!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    painting a zforce to mislead others, would suggest the questionability on the integrity of the company... yonex should clarify on this!
    As much as I'd admire the righteousness, I don't think you'd get anywhere with it. Pretty much all the big boys do it, it's not just yonex. I mean, we all know that the racquets that pros use are different to the ones available to the public (generally speaking, noting Victor KRP racquets). So changing the colour scheme I guess is no different to changing the weight, balance or even the material of the racquet in customising it for the professional player.

It's nothing new really and those who are surprised by this VTZF "FB" must be kidding themselves that the pros use exactly what we buy from the shops.

I guess there will be some pros that will use a near-commercially available versions but most of the top pros would have customised versions to suit their preferences.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to make a real distinction here between "pro players" and "top pros". Not every Yonex player you see is sponsored directly by Yonex Japan/HQ and the same goes for a Victor, etc. (nor is every top pro an an*l sob that demands tailor made special rackets)
    Your local pro get's their rackets from the local distro ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-25-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just know from tennisplayer that a lot of (top) pro players are playing a different model and have a paintjob. And I can imagine that in Badminton it is the same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a stringer from BC string a FB with Mogensens specs (which IIRC is Ultimax @ 35lbs) and see what happens

White Label Badminton - "Bad to the Bone!"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

given how incredibly fragile the consumer FB is, i'd be surprised to see it survive 1/2 a game when used by the top MD players in the world.

having said that though, i'd not conclude the underlying identity of a racket by looking at a low resolution press pic alone.

having said that, there have been reports before, that people have held and compared rackets by some of the top Yonex players, and concluded that they are not the same as the consumer version.

such practices, as mentioned above, is common practice. the pragmatic would argue that the average consumers don't play anywhere near the level of a professional. so perhaps giving a more extreme spec version to the professionals is a valid thing to do.

however, the honest would argue in 2 ways. one is that there is a misleading marketing message being used here. afterall the sole value for companies like Yonex to sponsor players is to market their product, "look, so-and-so use this racket, you want to look/play like him/her?" so giving the consumer a different version is deceiving at best.

and the practice is even worse in the case of the ARC-FB. the pro version is used by the strongest of the world's attacking player, while the consumer ARC-FB are so fragile they break left and right. very dodgy in my book.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I'd like to see a stringer from BC string a FB with Mogensens specs (which IIRC is Ultimax @ 35lbs) and see what happens
    If anybody cares to donate a FB, I'll give it a whirl.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the issue mostly is that the larger a company gets, the more about money it gets, so it will justify almost anything if it means more cash because that's the test of success/failure.

To make matters even worse, people like being deceived. How many people want to believe deep down that using the same racket LCW uses will make them just like LCW, or that using a Z-Speed will actually make you smash at over 400kph? We all know consciously that it's complete rubbish, but we validate the behaviour by buying into the mythology and ignoring the reality.

We're all complicit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    A friend of mine strung a FB with BG80 at 27lbs and the frame collapsed after 15 minutes. The 14 minutes before were a pure joke, since the smashes he launched were pathetic compared to his usual AT900P killers. No way CM is playing a regular FB.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Wheelie- View Post
    A friend of mine strung a FB with BG80 at 27lbs and the frame collapsed after 15 minutes. The 14 minutes before were a pure joke, since the smashes he launched were pathetic compared to his usual AT900P killers. No way CM is playing a regular FB.
    maybe this is the only time we need to take Yonex's recommended tension (24lbs) seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Wheelie- View Post
    That's one way to lose a few hundred bucks senselessly. One simple clash... and poof, goes your FB.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast