User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Old Jaguar and Carlton badminton rackets :-)

Going through my mess of a loft to get out some Christmas decorations, I came across my parents' old badminton rackets - an original Carlton Powerflo and a Jaguar Rapide 10040. With the exception of the grips, both of which are showing their 30+ years of age, they are in great condition. Interestingly, I cannot find very much information about either of the rackets, especially the Jaguar, and I thought it might be good to share some pics and info on this forum so that people could maybe identify/ give me some information about them.

The Carlton looks not to dissimilar to a basic-ish racket from a few years back - it's graphite with a sort of dark blue shaft and lower head which then changes into a burgundy colour at the top of the head. The grip was white but through age has gone a creamy yellow colour. As seen in the picture below, it is designed in Europe but has no other model/ identity colour. It came with a red case with Powerflo and Carlton written on it, along with the old style Carlton logo.

The Jaguar is much more interesting. It is much heavier than the Carlton and is from the days when rackets were metal. The shaft is definitely metal, and possibly the head also, but I think that may be graphite. The shaft is unpainted, and the head dark blue. It also has a round head which is very bare in terms of writing but is completely unscathed and the word Jaguar can still be seen at the bottom. The grip is in better condition than the Carlton but still will need changing. Finally it too had a case - a white one just for the head with the Jaguar name and logo on it.

I'm looking forward to hearing what anybody has to say about them. The first 4 pictures below are of the Jaguar, and the next ones of the Carlton.

Name:  PB240101.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  150.6 KBName:  PB240100.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  151.4 KBName:  PB240099.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  136.6 KBName:  PB240098.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  154.5 KBName:  PB240097.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  150.5 KBName:  PB240096.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  147.4 KBName:  PB240095.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  148.0 KBName:  PB240094.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  150.0 KBName:  PB240093.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  149.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore the last sentence - the first 5 are of the Carlton, then the last 4 the Jaguar.