Nano Ray 20 vs Arc Saber 001 (2013 models)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by varunpuri, Nov 24, 2013.

1. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    Hi Guys,
    Its for me to take a decision between Nano Ray 20 vs Arc Saber 001 (2013 models)

I have shortlisted these 2 rackets based on my play style as I like to:

1. hit hard
    2. hit quick , move quick
    3. a responsive rally
    4. Play in back court mostly in doubles, but more inclined for single games
    5. attempting to hit smashes more than regular returns
    6. very low use of drops ( i'm bad at those )
    4. low budget

so have come down to Arc Saber 001 , and someone also recommended Nano Ray 20

someone told me Arc Saber is more delicate than Nano Ray 20 and might broke if gets hit even slightly somewhere ? Is that true ?

Can anyone help me decide from these 2 which one I should buy ? Really confused.

Thanks.

2. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    50 views already, and no reply yet ?

3. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

I havent seen much on these two . But ARC01 recieved many good reviews . It's more balanced , suits your playstyle better than Nano20 . How much is your budget btw? You can find better rackets than these from different brands with the same price.

4. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    Hi thanks for the reply.
    Actually I have a budget of 35 USD and had chosen the Arc Saber series, then I came to know about the Nano Ray series as well, these 2 interests me out of the others available.

So i picked the lowest end models off these 2 so now its just between these 2 I wanted to figure out.

So you say Arc Saber better fits me then Nano Ray 20 ? Also can you list the play style for which Nano Ray 20 fits in ?

#4 varunpuri, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  5. yeahehehehe

I havent seen much on Nano20 so dont count on my answer 100%. Arcsaber rackets are well rounded and balanced rackets , not too headheavy and not too headlight . Meaning you have a good amount of power coupled with a good amount of speed. Most nanoray rackets are headlight , meaning you have immense speed but for the loss of power . Nanorays are mostly used for doubles , as their drive is faster and better.

Note that the Nanoray Z Speed is exempted from the rule of nanorays. :D

6. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    So as per your say, Arc Saber 001 is better for Singles and Nano Ray 20 is better for doubles ?

Can you tell which one of them fits better than the other in both singles & doubles , and is an all rounder racket , so I do not end up keeping 2 rackets 1 for singles and 1 for doubles

Thanks

#6 varunpuri, Nov 25, 2013
  7. yeahehehehe

8. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    Thanks, that filter irrespective of choosing 1 brand shows all the brands in shortlisting....anyhow, I am making my mind for the ArcSaber 001 over Nano Ray 20

Thanks

9. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i've a q...more of a suggestion.. it may not be very suitable for your play unless you get it custom strung; i may be wrong but lower end arcsabers didn't give me much feel, to be honest *shrug* so hopefully you'lll restimate your budget and reconsider other choices, as [MENTION=111540]yeahehehehe[/MENTION] mentioned?

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have both high and low end rackets and i actually really dislike the nanoray20. it is a very disconnected racket. what i mean by disconnected is that there is so much dampening that i barely feel anything when i strike the shuttle with it, even when i had strung it with victor vs850 which is known to be very stiff. it's 3u even balance so i was a bit disappointed because it's not head light at all. however, the head frame feels "big" when i play with it so mishits are minimized. i have not had any clashes with anyone with the nr20 so i don't know how durable it is, but generally speaking, any racket can break in a clash, it really depends on how you clashed it :(

most people here might agree that at a low budget you might get a better racket going with a different brand :)

11. gundamzaku

working professional
    as a beginner racket if you must go with yonex i would actually recommend the arcsaber002, it's a 3u even balance racket with a flexible shaft. it communicates a lot better than the nanoray20. unfortunately it's priced at around 80USD, you might be able to find it cheaper in asia particularly in HK but it's 80USD in the USA :( it's heavy enough for singles, but i find it quick enough for doubles as well. ultimately, if you can, you should always demo a racket before you buy one, but that's not always possible for us of course :(

12. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    Hi thanks for reply, will try the Arc Saber 002 as well

Hi thanks for reply. Thanks for the overview of NR20, seems like its not going to be my choice now. Have you had any experience with the ARC SABER 001 or 002 ? I want the low end rackets only in this series + only Yonex :)

Agree, will get the racket custom strung, can you recommend a good one for playing hard shots and smashes and a tension level ?

Since I have shortlisted Arc Saber to my play style, will go for that, but will also try my hands on a Arc Saber 002 as of a tight budget I don't want to spend more at this time

Thanks

==============

So finally guys thanks for all the information & feedback, I will go with the Arc Saber 001 or 002 , Custom strung of course but only after 1 week so first I get hold of the new racket and then get the strings changed as having both new at the same time might have me struggle

13. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    Shortlisting : Arc Saber 001 or 002 ( will try these and make a final selection )

Need some more comments on the following:
    1. Please recommend the string, tension level and a what type of grip I should get done

2. Should I get the new grip over the original plastic cover itself ? or should I remove it then put the new grip over ? I saw in this forum someone did that may be with a basic reason to resell it or is it suitable otherwise too ? I think the new grip might slip

#13 varunpuri, Nov 25, 2013
  14. yeahehehehe

Most custom string jobs ranges from 10 - 20 $ :(

Anyway

I hope you can get your budget to atleast $120 so that you can buy the XP70 . Cheers :D

#14 yeahehehehe, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  15. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

1. What shuttles do you play with? Normally BG65/Ti (costs Rs. 300-350) is the choice for custom stringing for playing with nylon shuttles. 20-22 lbs of tension should be good in this case. If you play with feathers (which I don't) :p, wait for some inputs from more informed BC members.

Either case, try to stay within the tension supported (18-24) by racket unless you really know why.

2. I see many people wrapping an overgrip on top of plastic wrap. I personally don't prefer that, although I didn't find any slippage on their racket. I first remove the plastic handle wrap anyway.
    Good luck!

16. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Yeah I think you should go with the nanoray 20 as I have been using the nanoray 20 as well. I play singles it's fast and easy to maneuver around , I play singles but for doubles it would be easier for you :)

17. gundamzaku

working professional
    i have an arcsaber002 and i love it.

18. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i dont have much time to go into the details now but i just wanted to say that i didn't like the as002, it doesn't fit my intended play style... i havent really tried the nr20 but everything else remaining same, i can say the as002's flexi shaft didn't help me much when i was playing with it; im still developing my game so it's quite possible i couldn't really take advantage of it, but i preferred somethinf stiff... i could've gotten the same performance from other bats in that price range (dunlop had a blackstorm or something like that, that was similar).

perfect range of tension depends on your own game and comfort.

19. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

What's the difference between the AS001 and AS002? A friend of mine is looking for an even balance beginner's racquet. Unfortunately neither of these racquets come in a 4U version, but 3U should be fine.

20. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    You can consider the MP29 also, which comes in the same range. It's a good all round racket , pretty fast and packs a punch. It is also having offers in flip kart and ama zon. I would suggest this over AS 001, AS 002 and NR20.

[​IMG]

#20 nilavu, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015