suitable flex/balance/weight of racket for me

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Seraphin, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Seraphin

Seraphin New Member

Hello my name is Peter and I need help with information about what racket characteristics are best for me.

I am 180cm tall, weighting about 80kg, I live active sporty life, ride a bike, play florball, workout regularly 3 times a week in the gym etc. and ofcourse I play with friends badminton.

So far my cheap badminton racket, that I use now, feels not good enough so I want to buy my first propper badminton racket but I found out that I dont know what to buy. There is so many styles, combination of racket characteristics that I just need help, or better recomendation what to look for.

I dont consider myself neither good, experienced or skilled player, so I have heard that I should look for racket with very flexible shaft(that is easier to bend and have faster smash with it) balance more to the handle(for easy handling) and that is lighter under 90g (strung). But I want to know if I buy racket with that specifications, wouldnt I suffer loss in power of my smash and acuracy? Because I dont think that Im that weak that I will not be able to flex medium flexed shaft etc.

So generaly what shoud I look for? Thaks for the help, very much.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    but in the end as a general rule it's always good to try out as many rackets as you can to figure out which feels good in your hand before spending money on rackets. :)