User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    Just wondering, I've checked Yonex's website and the racket that I'm going to buy recommend to use only two types of strings. Will it hurt if I choose a high-end string rather than the recommended ones?
    string type and racket type is strictly personal preference and you definitely do not need to follow their suggestion. generally there is no best string for a particular racket, but the best string for YOU with the particular racket. look into the string threads on this forum and you will see that everyone prefers a totally different string at a totally different tension. however, there is a general guideline on how a string will perform but please do take it with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    best bang for the buck is probably the mizuno shoes, sorry, wrong forum.
    At the moment, I only have 2 selection - Mizuno and Yonex but I do prefer Mizuno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    1) Carbonex 20
    2) Voltric 60
    3) Nanoray 500
    4) Arcsaber i-Slash
    If i would have to choose the middle of all this i think try the Arc. Z-Slash. The I-Slash might be a little bit less agressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, I've checked Yonex's website and the racket that I'm going to buy recommend to use only two types of strings. Will it hurt if I choose a high-end string rather than the recommended ones?
    Generaly you can do every String you want. All will work.. but not all support the handling of the racket. If you want a control heavy racket you may try a control string and not a power string like the BG80power. But sure you can mix it to get a mixed handling rather than a pure control handling. Depense what you want.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DStyle:
    "I have got it. Bought Arcsaber 11. It is different from what I intended to purchase at the first place but can't resist it after trying the racket. Now, my next question is, I'm planning to get another racket in the future, should I continue to purchase another Arcsaber 11 or a different model? I still prefer Yonex."

Be adventorous! A different model would b gd to explore. Half of the fun of badmtn is choosing ur gears. It'll b even more fun to check out other brands too...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    DStyle:
    "I have got it. Bought Arcsaber 11. It is different from what I intended to purchase at the first place but can't resist it after trying the racket. Now, my next question is, I'm planning to get another racket in the future, should I continue to purchase another Arcsaber 11 or a different model? I still prefer Yonex."

Be adventorous! A different model would b gd to explore. Half of the fun of badmtn is choosing ur gears. It'll b even more fun to check out other brands too...

i do agree completely that trying new different gear is a lot of fun, if and only if the person actually has a lot of money to burn. badminton is a very expensive sports these days and the prices will only go up.

when i bought my very first yonex racket it was the isometric 800 tour sp, at the time it was top of the line yonex racket, priced at a whooping $980HKD! now, a top of the line yonex racket is around $1400HKD. very costly. i am very grateful that i had the opportunity to own a few rackets and the luxury to play my heart out with minimal injuries

anyway, in choosing a racket, best way is to borrow a friends if the local badminton store don't offer a demo program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do agree completely that trying new different gear is a lot of fun, if and only if the person actually has a lot of money to burn. badminton is a very expensive sports these days and the prices will only go up.

when i bought my very first yonex racket it was the isometric 800 tour sp, at the time it was top of the line yonex racket, priced at a whooping $980HKD! now, a top of the line yonex racket is around $1400HKD. very costly. i am very grateful that i had the opportunity to own a few rackets and the luxury to play my heart out with minimal injuries

anyway, in choosing a racket, best way is to borrow a friends if the local badminton store don't offer a demo program.
    Thanks for the advise. I was thinking about trying other models as well. Talk about expensive, here is far more costlier than in HK. I bought my racket in JPN and is $150 cheaper than here. Go figure

Indeed, badminton is an expensive sport. Not forgetting the shuttle will cost you a fortune as well. I will indeed try out more rackets in the future before getting one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TillP View Post
    Generaly you can do every String you want. All will work.. but not all support the handling of the racket. If you want a control heavy racket you may try a control string and not a power string like the BG80power. But sure you can mix it to get a mixed handling rather than a pure control handling. Depense what you want.
    Yeah, I will probably try both - control and power. Will decide which strings suits me more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying new different gear is a lot of fun, if and only if the person actually has a lot of money to burn
    i've been noticing this bump in prices myself, especially since the last olympics. maybe this is just a historical cycle but i wasn't this deep into baddy back in '08 and '04. the last few years, i've been in touch with distributors, organzers national players, and a couple officials of the badminton associations of their respective countries; it's agreed that this makes for a consumer oriented market... casual customers and newbies may not notice or be affected by higher prices for base models, but regular players like us bear the brunt, with our repeat purchases

and yep, prices in Europe and Asia are muchhh higher than in Asia, most of you guys should be content you get good (availability and lots more) models at cheaper rates . wish i bought a lot of gear in bulk when the prices were low than buying a new one ever so often!

to counter this, i tried to form an informal playing group of interested kids and elders in our residential area (some get to practice daily with reputed coaches, which is lucky to do as a kid!), and we try to diversify our equipment so each can try everyone else's before shortlisting when it's time to upgrade or get a newer one! and you may get discounts at your local store if you go there often

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3