Victor CCode Discussions

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yeahehehehe, Nov 29, 2013.

1. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Hey all , i made this thread to discuss differences between Country Codes on these rackets. It might not matter for you but for me it does. So , let's start off with the fact that VICTOR is a Taiwanese Brand , not KOREAN.

I would like to know differences based on where they are manufactured , etc.

I heard VICTOR's best rackets are made in taiwan and china , can someone confirm this?

Also , why is the butt cap of TW coded victor blue? Are they specially made or something like that?

Thanks

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Just sharing my 2 cents :)

Victor began the manufacturing in Nanjing - China. This was their only factory at the time.

In late 2009, Victor announced their new factory in Taiwan. The initial products were Brave Sword 10 and Brave Sword 11.

To differentiate the products manufactured in China and Taiwan, Victor inserts the wording of "Taiwan" in the buttcap of Taiwan's products, whilst for other products manufactured in China are left blank.

To answer your first query, then yes, Victor manufactures both in Taiwan and China.

If I'm not mistaken, the regular rackets manufactured in Taiwan, are as follows:
    1. Brave Sword 10
    2. Brave Sword 11
    3. Spira 21
    4. Spira 22
    5. Meteor X 80
    6. Artery TEC Ti-99 Classic
    7. Meteor X 70
    8. Meteor X 60
    9. Meteor X 30L
    10. Thruster K 8000
    11. Meteor X 90
    12. Thruster K 9000 (to be released in 2014)

As regards your query concerning the blue-color buttcap, I don't know the reasons behind it. However I remember that the buttcap of Victor products prior to 2009 was Black. All buttcap of Victor's Asia / Global products are blue now, notwithstanding their manufacturing country. Though I understand that the buttcap for Victor's Europe is Black.

Last but not least, there is no such differentiation between country coding for Victor products. Victor always declares that all country codes are produced under same standard of quality control (being applied at the relevant factory both in China and Taiwan).

Nevertheless, recently, there are KRP codes being distributed by Victor through several retailers in Taiwan (i.e., SOSA - https://www.facebook.com/pages/SOSA羽球超市/171867486195680). This KRP coding is said to be designated for Korean national players. But I do not understand why would Victor made this KRP coding available to public.

Hope this helps :)

3. clawhammers

I forgot to add that recently Victor also decided to discontinue several Taiwan's manufactured products, i.e., BS10, MX70, MX60 and MX30L.

Victor also shifted the production of BS11, MX80 and TK8000 from Taiwan to China. This was announced in August 2013.
    Link = http://www.victorsport.com.cn/news-contents.php?id=aMtBG30ATH40JcPDWxGZrIbuiVNXLD&r=429

Based on foregoing, the products being manufactured in Taiwan would consists only of MX90 and TK9000.

I have my personal prediction, Victor probably would put the manufacturing of their highest end / prime products only in Taiwan starting 2014 onward.

CMIIW :D

4. yeahehehehe

5. clawhammers

In general, the link explains the changes made to BS11, MX80 and TK8000, and production based from Taiwan to China, starting 2014 onward.

You may note within the pictures, there is Yellow color wording designated for Taiwanese manufactured products, and Red color wording designated for Chinese manufactured products.

There are 3 changes made to the design of each rackets, as follows:

A. Shaft section
    Old Taiwan products = --- Made in Taiwan
    New Chinese products = --- Developed by Victor Taiwan

B. Grip cover section
    Old Taiwan products = Origin : Taiwan
    New Chinese products = Origin : Nanjing - China

C. Buttcap section
    Old Taiwan products = insertion of wording "Taiwan" at the end of the buttcap
    New Chinese products = left blank / no insertion of any wording

:D

6. yeahehehehe

Thanks , because im thinking where to buy my JJS . From SOSA in TW or from CHRIS in SG.Hmmmmm , any thoughts one these?

7. clawhammers

Suit your self.

Get quotation from both sellers, including the shipping cost, you reserve all rights to buy from any suppliers (from any country), based on your personal and subjective consideration.

:D

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro .. You buy from Chris is better ,, reliable victor racket dealer

9. yeahehehehe

Actually im leaning more towards chris ....... But it's SG coded , personally for me i dont buy a racket only for it's specs , but it's looks. The fact that it will be discontinued draws me to buying it from the homeplace on where it is made , taiwan and china. So that someday when it's extinct, i can sell it for a big price (probably 30yrs or so). If not , then ill add it to my collection. Give me a few details on SOSA so that i can compare it with chris , but +1 for chris for being super friendly :D

10. clawhammers

SOSA only communicates in Chinese, there is no one there speaks English.

Why don't contact Eric RKEP in Taiwan ? perhaps he still has it in stock

Or you may also ask him to source racket from other retailers in Taiwan and ship it to you, added with some small percentage for his commission...

11. yeahehehehe

Lol , Sosa replied to me in english , with the help of google translate.haha
    What i basically want is the 3UG4 MXJJS w/ 3pc signature racket thermobag.

Ill try contacting him.