Should I wait for iPhone 6 or not?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by SGMAN, Nov 29, 2013.

1. SGMAN

SGMAN New Member

Hi guys. I've been using a galaxy ace for 2 years now & this phone just infuriates me most of the time. With its 800mHz processor & 512mb ram, multi-tasking & playing games(i can only have a maximum of 3 games as the won't be enough memory) on it is definitely a chore. So, i've decided that I needed/must get a new phone at all costs. Half my mind is telling to get the iPhone 5s and the other half telling me to wait for the iPhone 6, which is likely to be announced only in 2014 Sept, since i've already endured for so longgggggg. So, the question is: to get the iPhone 5s or wait for the iPhone 6, with the prospect of a larger screen, faster processor, HD display.

2. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    iphone 7 is coming!

3. SGMAN

SGMAN New Member

??? Is that a typo? Anyway, iPhone 6 is more like likely to be announced in q3 than in q2 of 2014.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Stop playing three games simultaneously and wait for iPhone 6. :)

5. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm just wondering how did you get the iPhone 6 estimate date I think you're just guessing randomly... Or you're using when the iPhone 5S was released.. , it's assured more then one year. Maybe you're right maybe you're wrong. And you don't know if it's going to have a larger screen. Just take a look at the 5S same size as my 5. Just go for the 5S 2x faster then the 5, has the first 64-bit chip , gaming is phenomenal on in.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    You can get an android phone TODAY with big screen and fast processor. No guessing spec and waiting involved. Galaxy s4, nexus, lg g2 are all great phones.

7. robertPG3

robertPG3 Regular Member

Student
    Galaxy S5 is coming out in 2-3 months. I suggest you wait for that if you still want to use an Android device. *just a heads up*

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i had a Samsung Galaxy S3 a couple of months back. but while i was getting out of the car, i dropped it on the concrete floor. half the screen started fading and after a few hours, the screen was complete dead. no cracks.

so i had the choice of either fixing it with a new screen, or since i was planning to upgrade anyway, i went ahead and got a Galaxy S4. while it is a great phone, i would've preferred to wait a little more for the Galaxy S5. and I will be stuck with the S4 now as I won't be eligible for an upgrade from AT&T for another 2 years.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Did you have a protective case to absorb the shock?

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i had a thin hard shell case. and with that case i have dropped the phone before. i think i just got unlucky this time, probably hit right at the exact angle and location where it is least protected and damage the internal of the screen.

now i have a thicker case with a dual TPU inner layer and a hard shell outer layer. thicker than before but not too thick.

and as i still have the old S3 with a dead screen, i am debating whether to repair it for ~$120. it is still functional internally but i don't have a real need for it. :(

11. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Kwun, I think it would be cheaper to buy the screen and try to fix it your self but if you don't know how, if I were you I wouldn't fix it $120 is awfully a lot for a phone you're not using at the moment. Just my opinion, also if you don't have a real need for it, maybe you could sell it on eBay or local classifieds or something.

#11 Exert, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that was my plan, to fix it myself. i was going through ebay to look at the cost of a Galaxy S3 LCD screen assembly and most of them come to around $110-120. if you know of a cheaper source, please let me know!

i do agree that at that cost, it may not be worth repairing.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Unless your son needs a gaming / media device. :)

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks to various aunties and mom who has upgraded their old phones, they already have their own iphone and tablets!

kids these days... aye... :eek:

15. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Aha I'm fourteen I played too much games.. My eye sight went down quite a bit but I stopped. I should have focused on badminton even more, it's more fun and healthy :). As for the LCD screen prices wow they're really all around $100 I didn't expect just the screen to be a lot.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh. and there was a story behind the phones too. so both janet and my sister upgraded their iphone4 to iphone5 because the power/home button stopped working. and right then a friend who works for apple repair needed a tennis racket restrung. so the barter was to for him to fix the old iphone4's and i string a racket for him!

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. seriously. the kids spend so much of their free time playing on the phone i have to set a limit to it.

everything should be done in moderation.

18. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Were their phones under warranty?, every apple device boughten have a one year free warranty, my lock button was broken so I got a brand new iPhone 5 replaced from the apple store located in my mall. Wow that was a good trade off :0

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. they were iphone 4 (non-S) which was probably around 1.5-2 yrs old. you got a nice deal!!

20. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Ohhhhhh I see I see, I got a iPhone 4S I found it but had no sim so couldn't activate it... So didn't use it /:, tried to hactivate it but it's impossible for the version right now. Yeah :) luckily it had a few days of warranty left... Phew...