Any yonex rackets ever used this end cap?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by milton, Nov 30, 2013.

1. milton

milton Regular Member

Hi,
    I brought a carbonex 50 JP off ebay and suspect it is fake. Have any rackets by yonex ever had this end cap?
    http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b517/mb33ch/20131130_1304471_zps1a7735b2.jpg
    The cone and shaft are also fused together which is weird and the head shape is wrong. But the end cap is a really nice metal holographic design covered by glass which looks really high quality. The pic is not very good quality due to the shiny finish.

Anyone else seen this on fakes?

#1 milton, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  2. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Wow, either its really a fake.... or somehow you got a prototype of the new Yonex buttcap.....

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    JP from eBay with funny endcap? Did u also get it for $50?

Fake for sure.

4. milton

milton Regular Member

Unfortunately i paid a fair price for it from a seemingly genuine english seller but i am trying to return it now. I think the racket is definitely fake. Howver the fakers seem to have designed a new endcap for no reason and also a full length cover which is similar to a victor one in red but with carbonex 50 on it and 'high modulus graphite shaft' as well. There just seems no point forgers going to such lengths to design something new.
    Did any of the old carbonex have a red background on the endcap instead of green?
    The shaft code is 9690537 with cone code 280612JP.

5. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Possibly wrong but that code would mean that the racquet was made in 2011 correct? ie. before the cab50 was available if my memory is right? Could be way off on it's launch date.

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I kinda do like that buttcap :0, I wonder if you could take it off and put it on another racquet aha

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

No Yonex has ever used that kind of buttcap, nor a red background; nor does a JP racket come with a full cover case ;). Adidas on the other hand does use a similar buttcap as does the Panda Power brand on it's latest release. As mentioned above that code suggests the racket was manufactured in 2011; well before this model was released ...
    Completely fake unfortunately on many accounts.

#7 demolidor, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  8. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

can't say i don't like it. good find, lol. check if he has any others on sale that sport similar caps... to confirm your suspicions..