Heel bone injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by IC3888, Nov 30, 2013.

1. IC3888

IC3888 Regular Member

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo154/kevindd992002/7506.jpg

After a game of badminton and removing my shoes, I have heel bone injury for both feets. Even when walking, I still feel the pain. The pain will usually goes off after a few days. But will come back after a game of badminton.

Anyone know what is the issue?

2. jh1989

jh1989 Regular Member

Hello

Do you mean your midfoot or your heel? I presumed its your midfoot as you circled it on the diagram?

What shoes do you wear and how are your feet like (eg: flat footed etc).

3. IC3888

IC3888 Regular Member

Hi, i mean my heel. Sorry for using the diagram for illustration purpose. I am using SHB01LTD, no flat footed.

4. jh1989

jh1989 Regular Member

Haha. No problems. Hmm. How old are your shoes? And where in the heel is it painful - central, medial (inside of the heel) or lateral (outside of the heel). How long does the pain last for? What helps it? What kind of pain is it?

5. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

Sounds like plantar fasciitis.

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I had the same problem a little while ago and started a thread in the footwear section about recommendations (do a search).

Turned out that a combination of a few weeks rest, anti-inflammatory cream and then taking up on some of the suggestions on the thread - gel impact soles, thick RKEP socks has helped a lot. I'll also be getting some new shoes.

7. IC3888

IC3888 Regular Member

Usually after a game, my heel bone will feel pain once I removed my shoes. After a day of rest, when i pushed against my heel bone (location: mid), it will still hurt a little.

I am wearing thin sock. Could that be the reason?

8. jh1989

jh1989 Regular Member

Essentially R20190 is spot on. Recommend doing the same. Also if your shoes are quite worn in terms of cushioning, its better to get a new pair.

Hope that helps. If symptoms persist or the pain worsens, getting an xray to rule out any bony injury will help too.

Good luck.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i've had the same problem when i was still wearing my 2009 yonex shoes with the insole heel area all worn out down pass all the padding, and it's only my left foot since i'm left handed and my left foot lunges and stops with the heel. after replacing the shoes, rest for a few weeks and doing some stretching exercises before and after i play, the problem is gone. my thing is, tho, that when i tend to have the foot stretched, as in when i am on my tippy toes, i feel no pain, but when i let it rest without stretching the muscles, i feel pain. so when i feel pain, i usually walk on my toes. no problem with the right foot (Knock on wood)!!