Random question. (( New racket ))

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Magicmeatbag, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    Is there such a thing as a powerful headlight racket? It'd be really nice to find a headlight that could really throw down some lightning bolts if it's at all possible lol. And yea I know there is "technique" involved and I'm doing a lot to improve that aspect but it's kinda hard to play badminton with a frying pan!

So if anyone could point me in the direction of one or a racket closest to that concept that would be really awesome :D.

And for additional info I play extremely smash happy / aggressive at a intermediate/advanced skill level but have a bad shoulder after years of using a MP100. Did buy an Apacs virtuoso pro (( Not strung yet :( )) but my shoulder is acting up again so now I generally just play control/defensive singles and would love something headlight and much easier to use as a second racket.

Rackets tried -

Bravesword 10 : waaaaay to stiff lol I thought the Mp100 was extra stiff but this takes the cake, balance was even, strings were nice and grippy, VS-800.

VT-70 : slighty not stiff enough and felt like cardboard to hit, Zymax 67 @ 24pounds if that means anything. Any of my hard hits just felt like the shaft wasn't keeping up and losing potency of the shot. Didn't mind the slight head heavy feel as I just didn't really notice it.

Nanospeed 2000 : almost perfect racket, LOVED the headlight feel and feel of contact but slightly not stiff enough so control was bad as the shaft was kinda bouncy. For some reason that was weirdly good for smashes though. Felt like a catapult. Might just get one for kicks.

Apacs nano 9900 : Power is pretty terrible, much effort needed to baseline clear, vibrates especially with nylons, (( never again lol )) and pretty flimsy to boot. I'm such a sucker for the headlight feel now though so I still use it lol. With feathers though.

Apacs perfect blend : Slightly head heavy by a tad. Pretty much same as above minus the vibration and maximum effort needed to baseline clear. My dad loves it though.

Any help / comments appreciated :D

Edit : the 2 apacs are the ones I've bought (( Perfect blend for my dad )). The others were try-outs at my club :)

#1 Magicmeatbag, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Random question: Why would you like a racket that would not fit your style of play?

Anyway there is one: ADVERTISED as headlight , gives powerful smash.
    I think you already know what im talking about ;)

3. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    I think I know what your talking about but I gotta ask just to make sure!

And I noticed when i play with headlights I for some reason play differently. Far more wristy and calculated. I actually kinda like it. Most of my playstyle was formed around the MP100/bg 65 combo over the years. Now coming back into badminton after 7 something years with the internet at my fingertips there is just sooooo much to absorb lol.

4. yeahehehehe

Then you just need to think of every racket as headlight! haha. Anyway a good one i heard is Nanoray750 , decent power.

5. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    That's the one i thought you were talking about lol. Keep hearing same things but at mybadmintonstore.com it's listed as 285-295 bp so a slight head heavy feel. I guess if I wanted to make it headlight I could always ducktape a quarter to the bottom then put the grip wrap on lol.

I should probably just shut up and buy it. It was the first one I looked at after I tried out the ns2000.

6. yeahehehehe

It's also the one i looked at. It has this techonology called transweight wherein the weight of the head is transfered to the handle , so no need for the tape thingy. But im not sure how it works. Haha
    Another is BS12 4U

Also lol , the one im talking about is Z SPEED
    ADVERTISED as Nanoray (Headlight)
    But is used as a Voltric (Agressivenes)

Note: It's headheavy

7. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    LOL you got me with that one and yea now I get it. When I held the Z-speed at the club I play at I remember thinking "This thing is not head-light or light at all" lol. Felt a lot my MP100 when it's not taped up. I'd be ALL over it if it wasn't for my shoulder :(

Never thought about victor BS12 4U though. After my trial of the 10 I was rather put off by the stiffness/feel so I guess I get another racket to check out lol.