My Mp77 flung outta my hands, fly 2m high, knock against wall 7m away and..

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by crazy_smasher, Feb 6, 2004.

1. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

My Mp77 flung out my hands while attempting to do a powerful backhand clear, fly 2 metres high, knock against the wall, 7m away and fell down.

I went quietly to pick it up and glanced at it, did not find any first-hand crack and play for 2-hours for it. When going home, i was saying to myself how good and strong is the mp77!! Then i say, haha, you talk so much about the solidity of ur racket, go and check ur racket carefully tonite u will see a crack:D

When i check it that night , the frame near the T-joint seems to have a likely hairline crack, the problem is that it is very thin. i cannot guarantee if it is a paint crack only or frame crack as well. At 1-2 other neighbouring areas, also have some small hairline cracks(those ones look more like paint damage only).

The likely crack looks more like a frame crack since it extends exactly from 1 grommet to the other in the middle of the frame thickness, however, since the paint also have some thickness it is not possible to confirm.

I tried to take a pic with a borrowed olympus and just now a borrowed canon powershot s40, but it is blurred on close-ups, i tried many times, but cannot get a pic clear enough to show the crack. I even use close-up mode on the s40. Anyone can give any hints how they manage to get such nice and clear close-ups on racket pics? then i can submit a pic to get some opinions.

By the way, i sand the handle down to a smaller grip, thus it could be the cause of the accident.

Lesson learnt: do not boast about the invincility of one's racket until u confirm it is unharmed :p

2. westbeach

westbeach Regular Member

use macro mode on the camera and use manual focus.