How do you clean your shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by vudoo, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vudoo

vudoo Regular Member

As avid badminton enthusiasts, we always find that the outsoles of our shoes become dirty with dusts and other garbage on the floors of gyms, making us slip all over the place after a lunge or after pushing off. How do you clean or keep your rubber soles of your badminton shoes clean?

Most people just put a wet cloth on the side of the court and dab their shoes. Others wipe down their soles completely before and after play. Is there another way to clean your soles that's effective and keep your soles tacky? Or is there even a spray that Yonex/Li-Ning/Victor/another badminton company that has produced to spray onto your soles, similar to how grip spray and grip powder works?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The first step is to play on as clean a floor as you can.
    Cleaning the soles of your shoes with soap and water can really get off the dust and grit that builds up.

And yes, there are sprays that you can buy to enhance grip. Yonex has (or had) AC466 spray for the soles. (Just don't inhale! )

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  4. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Interesting find Kwun, not for my shoes though, I'll stick with the wet towel method.

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

6. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Sounds good! I'd like to throw this in, introducing the King Kwun Grip! You have the footwork, don't let a inferior floor be the weak link! Coming to a store near you. ;)