Preweave videos and other patterns

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Xuser, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Hi, does anyone have a link to download or view the Preweave method by Dinkalot or by anyone else?
    Is Preweave good or actually saves time?

Also, what are the advantages of stringing using different patterns such as, the Haribito method?

2. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

No advantages or disadvantages in different methods of stringing, just whichever one you prefer, I do 4 knots yonex because I like it compared to all the other patterns I've tried. I heard preweaving does not give a consistant stringbed/tensioning.

3. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

I don't find preweaving a bad practice, and it does save time. An advantage of preweaving is string won't curl/twist from a tight shared home.

In terms of different stringing patterns, there are many opinions on it. I prefer 2 knots (slightly modified victor) pattern because it's tidier, has less knots to tie, uses less string, etc. So you see its a matter of preference.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    every time we have a different (major) manufacturer, they come up with a stringing pattern that is different than everyone else.

Yonex
    Victor
    Gosen
    Li-Ning
    Adidas.

Yonex, Li-Ning, Adidas are similar, while Victor/Gosen are similar.

I have a feeling that all they are doing is just try to be different than the other. Yonex came up with something, Li-Ning want to do something slightly different and call it their own. and then
    Adidas again.

Gosen/Victor are similar. although their methods are significantly different than Y/L/A's patterns.

IMHO, at the end of the day, a lot of difference in the methods are superfluous.

Honestly i cannot tell the difference between 2 knot and 4 knots 2PBU. or whether we do the 11th->10th mains loopback or not.

what i can tell though, and very much so, is the difference between different tensioning pattern. by that i mean the order in which the strings are tensioned, esp for the cross strings.

patterns that tension the cross string close to center out, ie. 50/50 pattern:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...0919-VIDEO-50-50-Pattern-with-Hybrid-clamping

Haribito's:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/73381-HARIBITO-American-Stringing-Method

or Victor:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...w-to-do-the-Victor-80-holes-stringing-pattern

these almost center out methods offers better playability, the string bed feels more lively and responsive.

and also another related one is to do proportional tensioning:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/8079-Proportional-Stringing-Method

so. to summarize, don't get too hold up on the recommendation of the manufacturers, or how many knots or where u tie the knots. what is important is the order in which the strings are tensioned. that has always made the most impact.

mater likes this.
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and to clarify. there is nothing that stops us from doing the center out cross tensioning when there are 2 pieces of strings. might need some trick with the clamping (see the videos), but it can be done.

and the main objectives of the Victor/Haribito is really how to do some sort of center out cross tension while still using one single string. which as i have said, is probably not necessary.

6. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Kwun, does the center out offer better playability than 2PTD?

7. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I use the AK String pattern, a modified Yonex pattern. I like it because it is a 2 piece stringing method but instead of tying crosses on 8 I tie on 9, reducing tension loss in the knot by about 50%, losing 50% of the string my guess. Doing this, you need to weave your cross on 9 before you tie, if you tie before you weave then getting that 3rd piece of string around the know might be difficult.