User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win in their prime? Lee Chong Wei or Taufik Hidayat?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee Chong Wei

36 44.44%
  • Taufik Hidayat

45 55.56%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    I guess you underestimated lcw. =x If he couldn't play above himself? How could he easily defeated CL in Olympics. When before Olympics ,whereby cl defeatd lcw in the past 3 meeting.

And put it this way,cl won 4 in a row after Olympics and plus this all England it will be 5 in a row. And what if they meet in world champ and lcw beats cl ? Becoz of luck or becoz of at his will=x
    i don't think anyone underestimated LCW but rather the other way round, times and times again!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well,i think u guys all miss out one major factor.
    play in which tournament? malaysia open or olympic final?
    if in major tournament,i vote for taufik hidayat
    if in other tournament,i vote for lee chong wei.
    case closed
    you're absolutely right.

the best chance for LCW to win a major was the year when Chen Jin became World Champion in Paris after LD lost in the early round.

and who beat LCW then, Taufik no less.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread is all about LCW vs TH. But it seems like some of ChenLong's fans and Lindan's fans started to show their supremacy in praising their gods. Let's stick to the topic.

LCW is all time favourite for his consistencies. Despite his older age, he was able to beat everybody except few .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever we discuss Lee CW and/or Taufik Hidayat, it is unavoidable or even inevitable that we sometimes bring in their respective rivals. Not to worry too much about the digressions as the poll is restricted to just the two of them. Anyway, much has been discussed about the two already, that's why the thread quietened down for a while before a new angle to the topic was brought up for further discussion and exchange of views.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I think this thread is all about LCW vs TH. But it seems like some of ChenLong's fans and Lindan's fans started to show their supremacy in praising their gods. Let's stick to the topic.

LCW is all time favourite for his consistencies. Despite his older age, he was able to beat everybody except few .
    Yup, these fans can't resist praising their idols. They forgot about the title.
    And since brought up CL, well, he chickened out at MAS Open 2014.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Yup, these fans can't resist praising their idols. They forgot about the title.
    And since brought up CL, well, he chickened out at MAS Open 2014.
    more like tire of beating the same old broke times and times again, not much of a challenge really

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    more like tire of beating the same old broke times and times again, not much of a challenge really
    You have to be a top player to be able to beat the same opponents over and over again and if this is the case, since there are no more resistance, may as well retire or change sport or look for other challenges in life.

Oops, got to stop. I was baited and have veered off the thread title.
    Last edited by nokh88; 02-25-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    You have to be a top player to be able to beat the same opponents over and over again and if this is the case, since there are no more resistance, may as well retire or change sport or look for other challenges in life.

Oops, got to stop. I was baited and have veered off the thread title.
    I have a conspiracy theory here. The CHN boys skipped MO is:
    to let LCW win his 10 MO and set a new malaysian record, after all what are friends for?
    To return the favor, LCW went to CHN to play MD with LD, see what are friends for?
    To travel from CHN to KL, too hot, humid and mosquitoes lah, room and board, play 5 games and the prize is like US$25K, divie that into 5 games, is $5K a game and say each game is average 30 min, US$166 per minute. Not worth the time lah
    LD makes more doing D&G commercial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Lee Chong Wei's best tournament...That would have to be the All England 2011 wouldn't it?
    No one, not even Lin Dan was able to get above 17 points playing Lee Chong Wei. That was probably one of the best whole tournaments I've ever seen, LCW seemed impossible to beat that week. If he could had played like that more cosistenly I'm sure he would have won WC at least once.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between Chen Long and Lee CW , who is more afraid of who? To say Chen Long chickened out of the MO SSP is utter nonsense and mischievous when it was already made known that Chen Long caught a cold travelling from the extreme cold weather in Korea to the hot,humid climate in Malaysia. What's so hard to believe or far-fetched about it?

When Tai Tzu Ying herself was down with cold coming from Korea to Malaysia and during the MO SSP she actually withdrew in R2 midway to Bella, why can't the same benefit of doubt be extended to Chen Long who has already proven himself capable of beating Lee CW for the 5th time in a row , if necessary? What's more, the MO SSP is not a major to CHN, what's the fuss about ?!

At least, I find OneToughBirdie's conspiracy theory more interesting and enjoyable to read.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, the possibility is always there, as long as Lee CW doesn't retire, he'll have chances of winning at least one major before he retires, except that , realistically speaking, it gets harder as time goes by for understandable reasons. Still I wish him all the best.

Frankly speaking, I for one do not wish to see Lee CW retire just yet, hopefully not end of the year as he hinted, as MS will be much less exciting to watch without him despite my view that Chen Long and Lin Dan's mutual rivalry is set to intensify very soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree it will get harder for LCW as he is getting older while other players like KT, JOJ, CL, DPY, Sugiato are improving with experience and with lots of mileage left in their younger legs, and the matches are tougher even when Lee won. AE14 may shows what is in store for LCW as the draw pits him against some of these players.
    Still, I can't see LCW retiring after end of this year with OLY so close.
    Another conspiracy theory...hmm?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If non-CHN players fell sick or injured, 99% of fans believe, the 1% who does not believe, of course is CHN fans.
    If CHN players fell sick or injured, 99.99% of fans do not believe, the 0.01% who believes, of course is CHN fans but still with reservations.

Oooh nooooo, I was "baited" again, to veered off the thread title.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird, why no one mentioned ZhaoZH? Watch how he thrashed and toyed Icuk in the AE final (can't recall which year was that).... YY and Zhao will get my vote

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    weird, why no one mentioned ZhaoZH? Watch how he thrashed and toyed Icuk in the AE final (can't recall which year was that).... YY and Zhao will get my vote
    Please read the thread title. Start another including YY and Zhao if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old school players canot be compared with the new era players. Lcw will definitely beat taufik if he were to all out at prime !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    Old school players canot be compared with the new era players. Lcw will definitely beat taufik if he were to all out at prime !
    Agree.
    Different equipment, tactic, style of play..etc, etc.
    One example, how to compare Yang Yang's or Zhao's prime with LD?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast