User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win in their prime? Lee Chong Wei or Taufik Hidayat?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee Chong Wei

23 36.51%
  • Taufik Hidayat

40 63.49%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well,i think u guys all miss out one major factor.
    play in which tournament? malaysia open or olympic final?
    if in major tournament,i vote for taufik hidayat
    if in other tournament,i vote for lee chong wei.
    case closed
    Good point!

But I will root for prime TH is more superior than prime LCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking them both in their prime, the winner of my arbitrary categories are~:....

Speed: LCW
    Power: TH
    Technique: TH
    Craftiness: TH
    Mental Strength: TH

I think Taufik would have a significant edge in their encounter, especially they use the old 15 point system, where craftiness and mental strength plays a big part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw and taufik at prime .

I vote for LCW , no doubt at all~! badminton at the new era is about speed. and of cause all the other important aspects such as technique ,vision , footwork etc
    But to have such incredible speed + all other aspects its not easy, that's why lin dan and lcw is such a great player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Who would win in their prime? LCW or TH?

If talking about "At their prime"; I think TH was better than LCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    If talking about "At their prime"; I think TH was better than LCW.
    We can pick the game that each player played their best. TH, I pick WC05, I was there. Saying LCW speed will beat TH, well in 2005 LD was known for his speed, defense, fitness, jump power smash, everything. TH totally controlled the game, in the 2nd game I recalled LD was trailing badly and basically gave up.
    On LCW, I could not think of 1 match that LCW is best at, LCW is more noted for his consistency. I agree with you, TH based on WC05 would be the better player.
    If TH (WC05) against LD (OLY08), I pick LD...that match left LCW and Misbun clueless and hopeless. That is the best of LD, a complete devastating player, every weapon in flawless perfect firing condition, no weakness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    We can pick the game that each player played their best. TH, I pick WC05, I was there. Saying LCW speed will beat TH, well in 2005 LD was known for his speed, defense, fitness, jump power smash, everything. TH totally controlled the game, in the 2nd game I recalled LD was trailing badly and basically gave up.
    On LCW, I could not think of 1 match that LCW is best at, LCW is more noted for his consistency. I agree with you, TH based on WC05 would be the better player.
    If TH (WC05) against LD (OLY08), I pick LD...that match left LCW and Misbun clueless and hopeless. That is the best of LD, a complete devastating player, every weapon in flawless perfect firing condition, no weakness.

taufik wc 2005 against lcw2012-2013. I still think lcw will beat taufik. The gameplay is totally diff from the past.
    No doubt he beat lin dan , but at that time lin dan was strategy was not matured, 2004 why did he crash out of Athens?
    As for lcw since after the bei jing oly 2008, he has jump and improved to another level. His attk improved a lot , from defensive too an all rounded player.
    Tis is my personal opinion , no offense ya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by insaint84 View Post
    taufik wc 2005 against lcw2012-2013. I still think lcw will beat taufik. The gameplay is totally diff from the past.
    No doubt he beat lin dan , but at that time lin dan was strategy was not matured, 2004 why did he crash out of Athens?
    As for lcw since after the bei jing oly 2008, he has jump and improved to another level. His attk improved a lot , from defensive too an all rounded player.
    Tis is my personal opinion , no offense ya.
    That is what this forum is about, to 'voice your opinion'...definitely no offense Agree with you that LD in 2005 was not the LD in 2008 and LCW has improved to a higher level after 08 OLY.
    This discussion will not go anywhere, just what each of us feel. As for TH, I watched 'live' his journey from R1 to final in WC05...the composure, confidence, control, of course that backhand, TH was so steady that night that I would say that was TH at his very best. I am glad I made the trip to see WC05.
    LCW on the other hand, I cannot think of 1 tournament that can say LCW was at his very best EVER...consistency of course, LCW was very consistent in his career, even when he was beaten, he was still very competitive that he would not be blown away, that is a hallmark of a great player, also this is one reason I say LCW may be the best player MAS has produced.
    But TH vrs LCW, my coin goes to TH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW was very consistent in his career, even when he was beaten, he was still very competitive that he would not be blown away, that is a hallmark of a great player, also this is one reason I say LCW may be the best player MAS has produced.
    erm.. 2008 Olympics MS Final? I think he'd blown away 5 mins into the final.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    erm.. 2008 Olympics MS Final? I think he'd blown away 5 mins into the final.
    hmmm...I forgot this one, must be old age. You are correct, LD best performance IMO, and not only LCW but every player would get the same spanking on this night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what this forum is about, to 'voice your opinion'...definitely no offense Agree with you that LD in 2005 was not the LD in 2008 and LCW has improved to a higher level after 08 OLY.
    This discussion will not go anywhere, just what each of us feel. As for TH, I watched 'live' his journey from R1 to final in WC05...the composure, confidence, control, of course that backhand, TH was so steady that night that I would say that was TH at his very best. I am glad I made the trip to see WC05.
    LCW on the other hand, I cannot think of 1 tournament that can say LCW was at his very best EVER...consistency of course, LCW was very consistent in his career, even when he was beaten, he was still very competitive that he would not be blown away, that is a hallmark of a great player, also this is one reason I say LCW may be the best player MAS has produced.
    But TH vrs LCW, my coin goes to TH.

I don think that taufik at his prime can even beat lin dan 2011 wc or 2012oly. Agree that lin dan has outshine lcw in the past. However the recent meetings were really close. Not say tat lin dan has slowed down , only lcw could touch him . CL couldn't give both of them a fight. And If lcw could b that close, I believe taufik at his prime will not beat him =p

N also don forget that wc was held in CHINA

And also ,lcw beat lin dan to win all England title. =p

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don think that taufik at his prime can even beat lin dan 2011 wc or 2012oly. Agree that lin dan has outshine lcw in the past. However the recent meetings were really close. Not say tat lin dan has slowed down , only lcw could touch him . CL couldn't give both of them a fight. And If lcw could b that close, I believe taufik at his prime will not beat him =p

N also don forget that wc was held in CHINA

And also ,lcw beat lin dan to win all England title. =p
    More like Lee couldn't give both of them (Lin Dan and Chen Long) a fight since Lee lost to Chen Long 4 times in a row, all in straight games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    More like Lee couldn't give both of them (Lin Dan and Chen Long) a fight since Lee lost to Chen Long 4 times in a row, all in straight games.

check out their head to head meetings. Before Olympics lcw lost to CL 3 games. But when they met in semis. CL was outclassed. (watch that game)

after Olympics lcw lost all of the 4 matches to cl. But CL in 2013 wc could not give lin Dan a fight. Whereby lcw came so close even it was held in China.

To me : Lcw will not all out unless it is oly or world championship. My guess is CL will defend his All England title and if lcw were to meet CL in 2014 World champ, LCW will beat him. =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out their head to head meetings. Before Olympics lcw lost to CL 3 games. But when they met in semis. CL was outclassed. (watch that game)

after Olympics lcw lost all of the 4 matches to cl. But CL in 2013 wc could not give lin Dan a fight. Whereby lcw came so close even it was held in China.

To me : Lcw will not all out unless it is oly or world championship. My guess is CL will defend his All England title and if lcw were to meet CL in 2014 World champ, LCW will beat him. =)
    there is where your logic failed you.
    LCW got closer to defeat LD than CL doesn't mean that LCW is better and can beat CL, it doesn't work like that as their latest encounters shown

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alany View Post
    there is where your logic failed you.
    Lcw got closer to defeat ld than cl doesn't mean that lcw is better and can beat cl, it doesn't work like that as their latest encounters shown
    then we have to see world championship 2014. =)
    lcw will lose to cl in all england 2014 . I guess =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it doesn't work that way, not reasonable nor logical. It doesn't matter whether it's the WC or AE or any SS tournament, I'm pretty sure Lee CW won't want to lose to Chen Long four (or five) times in a row just so as to win one back, regardless what the occasion.

It's not as if Lee CW could play above himself at will on the occasion that matters to him to beat his archrival and is content to lose at other occasions. His record against Lin Dan at all the majors is very telling , isn't it? I mean, should Lee CW somehow manage to beat CL at this WC'14, it will only prove that it's a matter of time he gets one back between two players of more of less the same caliber and that occasion happens to be the WC, that's all.

Otherwise, their H2H , esp CL's last four two-straight-set victories in succession won't make sense, bearing in mind that Lee CW is no longer a young developing player but already at his peak or perhaps past his prime and at the tail end of his career at 31 years of age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I think it doesn't work that way, not reasonable nor logical. It doesn't matter whether it's the WC or AE or any SS tournament, I'm pretty sure Lee CW won't want to lose to Chen Long four (or five) times in a row just so as to win one back, regardless what the occasion.

It's not as if Lee CW could play above himself at will on the occasion that matters to him to beat his archrival and is content to lose at other occasions. His record against Lin Dan at all the majors is very telling , isn't it? I mean, should Lee CW somehow manage to beat CL at this WC'14, it will only prove that it's a matter of time he gets one back between two players of more of less the same caliber and that occasion happens to be the WC, that's all.

Otherwise, their H2H , esp CL's last four two-straight-set victories in succession won't make sense, bearing in mind that Lee CW is no longer a young developing player but already at his peak or perhaps past his prime and at the tail end of his career at 31 years of age.
    I guess you underestimated lcw. =x If he couldn't play above himself? How could he easily defeated CL in Olympics. When before Olympics ,whereby cl defeatd lcw in the past 3 meeting.

And put it this way,cl won 4 in a row after Olympics and plus this all England it will be 5 in a row. And what if they meet in world champ and lcw beats cl ? Becoz of luck or becoz of at his will=x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic is being discussed in two places, there as well http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...thest-footwork - refer to my post #11 in response.

Sure, Lee CW could play above himself, it's just that we don't know when , same goes for virtually every player. The funny thing is Lee CW failed to do it every time he met Lin Dan on the major occasions, so understandably I'm not too confident he could do it against Chen Long either. Anyway, human affairs are generally unpredictable, whether Lee CW can do it at this coming WC is anybody's guess.

The way I see it, the LOG semifinal between them is the exception in their last eight meetings - not a very convincing one at that when we take into account that he went on to lose for the umpteenth time to his nemesis Lin Dan in the final.

Honestly, I've no problem with Lee CW winning one major title before he finally retires but,admittedly, I'm not too hopeful about it, esp when he now have not one but two nemeses in Lin Dan, who is seriously making another comeback going by the reports I've read, and Chen Long who's already proven to be a real handful for him. As always,let the future tell.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast