User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BWF Coaches Manual Level 1 and 2

    Didn't see this posted (at least didn't showed up in my search) so here goes and as far as I know the materials are freely available from the BWF website.

    Level 1 supplementary videos can be found here

    Level 2 supplementary videos can be found here

    Level 1 Coaches Manual is available here

    Level 2 Coaches Manual is available here

    You need to register in order to get the manuals (i'm assuming that BWF wants to know who gets their manuals).

    Level 2 deals with a number of off-court training/exercises as well as advanced techniques.

  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i sent in my form, yet, i haven't receive the manual from them.

    (Please Note: The Coaches Manual will be sent to you within 48 hours of receiving your registration form)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got Level 1 emailed to me and I was given a username/password to log in to get Level 2. I didn't upload the manuals (PDF) as I wasn't sure of the legality as it seems BWF wants to know who asked for the manuals. Both were done within a couple of days.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    12,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i sent in my form, yet, i haven't receive the manual from them.
    Same status for me.

  5. #5
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question I don't get it

    .
    I don't get it.

    Why don't BWF tell people to get their manuals from their affiliated BWF national associations (in their own countries)?

    I would expect that the distribution of the manuals to be given out easier from their own national/regional associations. And perhaps also in a translated form as well (in their own national/regional languages).
    .

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    12,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I don't get it.

    Why don't BWF tell people to get their manuals from their affiliated BWF national associations (in their own countries)?

    I would expect that the distribution of the manuals to be given out easier from their own national/regional associations. And perhaps also in a translated form as well (in their own national/regional languages).
    .
    Maybe they do. It's just another method of distribution.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's the question of translation. I know that Level 1 is available in English and Spanish but Level 2 is only available in English. They are working on translating to other languages.

    Maybe they should provide a copy to each National Association and have them do the translation instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    I don't get it.

    Why don't BWF tell people to get their manuals from their affiliated BWF national associations (in their own countries)?

    I would expect that the distribution of the manuals to be given out easier from their own national/regional associations. And perhaps also in a translated form as well (in their own national/regional languages).
    .

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    12,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can View Post
    There's the question of translation. I know that Level 1 is available in English and Spanish but Level 2 is only available in English. They are working on translating to other languages.

    Maybe they should provide a copy to each National Association and have them do the translation instead.
    Some national associations might have their own coaching manual.

    Badminton England have their own and HK has its own (though probably with cheaper printing).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •