User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yonex NR Z speed success stories

It seems there are lots of negative feedback on the NR Z speed. Let's hear some success stories or good feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than the shockingly flimsy paintwork, I quite like the Z Speed. Nice solid feel with a decent amount of oomph from the back court. Sounds great swishing through the air too

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no success stories here (wonder if anyone on this forum actually would have any with any racquet?!)...

but i've been enjoying the 2U version of the Z-speed for the past few weeks, it is much more lively than the 3U and the extra weight doesnt seem to bother me

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Z-Speed was reviewd reasonably well by several testers on the french badmania website, including higher than expected ratings for defense. Of course what exactly includes defense (reaction speed or actual shot quality as well on the returns ?) I am not too sure about; been a while since I (tried to) read it ...
    And of course the (playing) level of the testers was varied.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I successfully sold mine... does that count?

The ZSP was always going to create a stark divide - you were either going to be a "from my cold dead hands", or a "this is an orange turd of a racket".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I successfully sold mine... does that count?

The ZSP was always going to create a stark divide - you were either going to be a "from my cold dead hands", or a "this is an orange turd of a racket".
    I'm not quite one of those 'from my cold dead hands' people but I'm on that side of the fence. It's a good racquet but didn't blow my mind the same way the Gosen Ryoga Shiden or the Li Ning N90 did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should ask Kenichi Tago,
    He will tell you that he use this racket won LCW.
    Name:  20131026-2007-frenchopen2013-cn2q5304.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  205.8 KB

This is his Blog.
    http://ameblo.jp/tago1989/

You may leave a message, and ask him how he feel about the NRZSP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really need to demo rackets for yourself. It's unfortunate that this isn't available for everyone.

Reviews are just personal opinions. This goes for every type of sporting equipment.
    You really don't know until you try it for yourself.

Personally, after demoing and playing with the Z-speed for a few games. I think it is a really good racket that is probably better suited for singles or maybe playing the back in doubles.
    The power generation on this racket is very good and fairly effortless. It is also much easier to use than a V-force or Z-slash in my opinion. However, fast reactions from front court suffered a bit for me due to the long shaft and flexy feel. Smashes and clears extremely good for the way I swing.

The thing that almost nobody ever mentions is that this racket plays much more like a flexible racket or maybe even a Gosen with 2 kick point system. I'm guessing this is due to the more flexible frame or whatever but I have the feeling that this might be why there are so many negative reviews on in.
    A lot of the people on this site just flat out prefer really stiff rackets and the z-speed definitely doesn't seem to play that way (at least to me).

Also the feel of this racket is more of a very solid damp thud (which I like). If you prefer something metallic with more feedback. Then you're probably not going to like this as much.

At the end of the day, whether you will have success with this racket really just depends on the type of player you are and what you specifically prefer.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yes. i have tried it for a little bit.

damped, soft and light sums it up pretty well.

having said that though, those are not bad qualities per se. however, it doesn't appeal to everyone.

as for Tago, we need to verify that the one he is holding is the same as the one available on the mass market. hard to say.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disci View Post
    You really need to demo rackets for yourself. It's unfortunate that this isn't available for everyone.

Reviews are just personal opinions. This goes for every type of sporting equipment.
    You really don't know until you try it for yourself.

Personally, after demoing and playing with the Z-speed for a few games. I think it is a really good racket that is probably better suited for singles or maybe playing the back in doubles.
    The power generation on this racket is very good and fairly effortless. It is also much easier to use than a V-force or Z-slash in my opinion. However, fast reactions from front court suffered a bit for me due to the long shaft and flexy feel. Smashes and clears extremely good for the way I swing.

The thing that almost nobody ever mentions is that this racket plays much more like a flexible racket or maybe even a Gosen with 2 kick point system. I'm guessing this is due to the more flexible frame or whatever but I have the feeling that this might be why there are so many negative reviews on in.
    A lot of the people on this site just flat out prefer really stiff rackets and the z-speed definitely doesn't seem to play that way (at least to me).

Also the feel of this racket is more of a very solid damp thud (which I like). If you prefer something metallic with more feedback. Then you're probably not going to like this as much.

At the end of the day, whether you will have success with this racket really just depends on the type of player you are and what you specifically prefer.
    maybe that's why Tago likes it enough to play tourneys with it since it's a flexible racket just like the z-slash?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

for a similar racket, Adidas Adizero Pro.

light, slightly stiffer, excellent feel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanoray Z Speed is a unique racket , it is a great racket , but we must understand that it is not for everyone.

Really , Yonex broke through their barriers that's why their recent equipment fitted the PROS more , and the NORMS less.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disci View Post
    the 2U version is less damped.

the only success of the Zspeed so far is that it seems to make a lot of people feel butthurt, whether they are yonex supporters or that of other brands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like this Z speed is like the Ti10 with longer shaft? Would the Z speed be considered close to the Z slash? I had the Z slash before and I played quite well with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuser View Post
    Sounds like this Z speed is like the Ti10 with longer shaft? Would the Z speed be considered close to the Z slash? I had the Z slash before and I played quite well with it.
    Z-Speed is NOTHING LIKE the Ti-10....

As first and foremost, my 3UG5 Z-Speed is more flexible and much more head heavy and overall heavy than my 3UG5 Ti-10 Limited...

The Ti-10 has a larger sweet spot than Z-Speed, and also a larger frame.

The Ti-10 has better feel in terms of upon contact with the shuttle (but the feel is nowhere close to any of my Gosen Ryoga rackets)

In terms of power, it really depend on your style of play. I find the Ti-10 is the sweet spot for arm and wrist players (a bit more advantageous to wrist players), whiles the Z-Speed is slightly better for arm/wrist players.